this weekend, preferably saturday

jbot

I'd like to leave a bit earlier.

UP, if you're leading I'm good with your route. If I lead, I posted the route we did last week on CORE. Either way I'm planning to cover some miles on Saturday.

You leave too damn early, get off of that fucking military time.

Have to dress for the climate change when you leave that early plus the roads are slippery from the dew. This time of year 8:30 is about my earliest start time which would mean a 10:00 leave time from Millersburg.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You leave too damn early, get off of that fucking military time.

Have to dress for the climate change when you leave that early plus the roads are slippery from the dew. This time of year 8:30 is about my earliest start time which would mean a 10:00 leave time from Millersburg.

10 is ok.

10 is good for me in Millersburg. What do we do at the end of 26 to head north if 555 is out? 60 works but if I remember correctly isn't the best that far south.

377 South of McConnelsvilles is good, but I've never ridden it going north. I haven't ridden 376 north of McConellsville in years, but think it was ok. What about 255?

This is the route we did last week:

83>78>377>550>7>26>260>7>800>78>7>556>145>148>800>>US77

This is really good except for the slab home. Since I moved, I haven't found a route I like from 800 back to Lorain County, but I want to give this a shot: 800>342>258>36 to either 93N or 83N.

i dunno, from the sounds of it, i'd need to get to otsego 83/93 by 10:40-10:45. per maps, it'll take me just under 3 hours to get to otsego (1.5 hrs to bolivar via slab, then 1.1-1.2 hours to otsego via 93), which means i'd have to leave by 8-815am at the latest.

i'll think about it. if i don't feel up for the early wake up and whatever (I'm not a morning person and it's been a shitty week), i'll just do a easy ride somewhere with my semi-newb rider friend or find someone else to ride with.

either way, i hope this thread serves some purpose other than my vagina leaking. that said, i really will give it the college try to make the ride.

i dunno, from the sounds of it, i'd need to get to otsego 83/93 by 10:40-10:45. per maps, it'll take me just under 3 hours to get to otsego (1.5 hrs to bolivar via slab, then 1.1-1.2 hours to otsego via 93), which means i'd have to leave by 8-815am at the latest.

i'll think about it. if i don't feel up for the early wake up and whatever (I'm not a morning person and it's been a shitty week), i'll just do a easy ride somewhere with my semi-newb rider friend or find someone else to ride with.

either way, i hope this thread serves some purpose other than my vagina leaking. that said, i really will give it the college try to make the ride.

That stretch of 93 is pretty good.

What times/roads were you thinking in the OP?

I'm missing your problem, the ride is Saturday, Cedar Point is Sunday, perfect. See you tomorrow.

My bad..still doesn't change the fact that I have crap to do tomorrow too. Renting my house...unfortunately... trumps this ride.

Tpoppa...bite me.

And no I haven't swapped my plugs yet... so expect sub 30mpg next time you see me.

My bad..still doesn't change the fact that I have crap to do tomorrow too. Renting my house...unfortunately... trumps this ride.

Tpoppa...bite me.

And no I haven't swapped my plugs yet... so expect sub 30mpg next time you see me.

So you're not going on the local guys ride Sunday either? Just as well most likely another crash fest. Jinx is doing it without adult supervision.

So you're not going on the local guys ride Sunday either? Just as well most likely another crash fest. Jinx is doing it without adult supervision.

No...no rides at all this weekend. My kids are taking me to CP for my bday on Sunday...that trumps everything.

Next week.

Umm... I woke up like 15 minutes ago. Sowwy. I texted tpoppa to let him know. I'll just go solo riding. See you next time. In other news, if anyone wants to go riding, pm me lol

I would be very happy if one of you on this ride would chime in and say you are NOT on 666 right now please........

just made it back. We were diverted around the accident. Saw the helicopters flying in. R.I.P.

Thanks UP for the pull down 26. I tried to hang with you for as long as possible. It is a blast following you. Hope you had a safe ride home.

This makes sense now. You guys were flying. Was this one of your group rides? (Of only three.) Hope I didn't get too pushy going around anyone. If any of your guys got offended tell them I'm didn't mean to do it.

Yes, this was our group ride for August. I am guessing the 371 mile route scared many away. It turned out better this way though since we were able to make much better time. You did not offend anyone so no worries. I saw you guys going north on 7 so I am guessing you took 255 back up to 26 and then came south. As soon as I saw that red front end in my mirror I knew it was you. You guys were flying, we were cruising. :) I had to turn on the jet pack to keep you in sight.

We were talking about the fast guy on the Triumph at our gas stop. Did you guys turn off? When I realized you were staying with us I kicked it up a notch because I couldn't tell if you were in control or not and didn't want to suck anyone in to riding over their head. If I would have recognized you I would have stayed at pace. Your bike looks really cool from behind.

I would be very happy if one of you on this ride would chime in and say you are NOT on 666 right now please........

We were right there and got diverted around the accident.

The detour was 20 minutes @ 10mph of street tires on shitty loose gravel and trying not to crash.

...so it sounds like that accident was a bad one :(

Edited by Tpoppa