New from the northeast

El Kabong

I'm new to the forum, but not new to riding. I've been riding on the street for many years. However, not too long ago, I purchased a used DR650 and have begun doing more adventure(for me at least) type riding.

Since I live in the southern part of NE Ohio and most of the "good" roads are to the south, that's where I usually ride. I feel very fortunate to have so many good roads, so close by.

Hopefully, I'll be able ride those "good" roads with some of you here, as well.

• Upvote 1

I feel bad for you Brian. You're close to some good roads all day, but can't go riding. Then, at the end of the day, you've got to go in the wrong direction. :(

every once in awhile I'll ride the bike to work and hit some of the stuff down near Atwood after work but normally I prefer to just make a whole day out of it and hit the real good shit in SEO so it doesn't bother me too much. The road conditions have gone to shit or there is too much traffic on some of the more fun roads around here so I'm not losing out too much

I'm about 20-25 minutes SW of Akron, NinjaDoc.

nice, now u can be a regular in our usual weekend NEO group ride fiesta

every once in awhile I'll ride the bike to work and hit some of the stuff down near Atwood after work but normally I prefer to just make a whole day out of it and hit the real good shit in SEO so it doesn't bother me too much. The road conditions have gone to shit or there is too much traffic on some of the more fun roads around here so I'm not losing out too much

liar, u came to ride only once this season

I know this year has sucked for me for riding. Haven't had the time cause of the new house or family stuff and when I have ha some time my patience for an hour plus slab has been non existent

I don't know about being a "regular" weekend participant, but I'm sure I'll join in now and again.

It looks like the ride that was going to leave from Millersburg tomorrow is falling apart. I was thinking about asking to go along, but they never decided on anything definite and it sounds like the OP is having second thoughts.