Dayton Area Rider

Enginerd

I stumbled onto this site yesterday while researching Independent Motorsports and decided to grab an account. It seems like a fun group.

A little about myself:

My name is Enginerd and I am a bike-a-holic...

I have been riding for about 12 years now and own both sportbikes and crusiers. My wife and I both enjoy riding and luckily there has never been an argument about buying new/different bikes. :p I live in the Dayton area and (obviously by my screen name) I am an engineer by trade.

At the moment, we have sold off a couple of bikes :cry: (I did keep 2) and I am now in the market for a supersport and metric cruiser. One of the things that drew me in was the active For Sale section. I am extremely tired of the Craigslist game and would much rather buy from someone that cares for thier machines.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for the kind welcome!

I'm glad I am not the only engineer (current or ex) on here.:D

My wife and I would like to make it out to the meet and greet this weekend but it is my mother's 60th birthday party this weekend. I will definitely keep an eye on the schedule and try to get out and meet a few other like minded individuals this fall.

For any of you that are in the Xenia vicinity, shoot me a PM if you are out for a ride. I am always looking for a group or another person to ride with.

Welcome' date=' and you get rep for using "sportbike", instead of crotch-rocket. :bigfugginthumbsup:[/quote']

Thanks! I am always correcting co-workers about the use of "sportbike" vs. "crotch-rocket". It drives me nuts.

That ranks right up there when one of my co-workers will ask "Did you ride today?" while I am carrying my helmet and wearing my jacket...:rolleyes: On more than one occasion I told them "Nope. I just wanted to look cool." :D

• Upvote 1

+ rep for proper gear!

Thanks!

You mean I am not supposed to wear flip-flops, a t-shirt and cargo shorts?:p

I never ride without it. I don't allow passengers to ride without it either. I trust myself but not the other drivers...