Tell me I'm making the right choice (GTO or GXP)

idodishez

Wow. Not a lot of GM fans in here:). Not disregarding. Just debating. I actually decided to pass on the GXP. told him I'd pay his eBay fees.

I'm not comfy w the GTO. it screams of not being well maintained.

Back to the search.

Nobama 2012

You find me a GM car (not truck) that has 200k on it and lasts more than another 20k and I'll be shocked. That's why miles are a big deal

I have 220,000 on my grand am its all original except the rear shocks. My dads Buick has 475,000 miles and has the exact same engine as most Pontiacs.

If you want bang for your buck find a fox body mustang. For what your wanting to spend you can find a clean car with go fast parts and still reliable. The cars and parts are a dime a dozen.

Mustang not all that reliable and he is not looking for a high school girls car

EVO or WRX.........end of search.

Don't know what either of those are.

Yeah, I know Hondas can be super reliable. But I just don't like them. Too plain. And underpowered.

Going to look at a GTO tomorrow w 70k on it. $7000 but has hail damage. Want to see how bad.

Nobama 2012

Don't know what either of those are.

Yeah, I know Hondas can be super reliable. But I just don't like them. Too plain. And underpowered.

Going to look at a GTO tomorrow w 70k on it. $7000 but has hail damage. Want to see how bad.

Nobama 2012

You honestly don't know what a Subaru WRX and or what a Mitsubishi Evo is?:wtf: And Pontiac sucks, you know they must be a turd if GM kicks them to the curb.

You honestly don't know what a Subaru WRX and or what a Mitsubishi Evo is?:wtf: And Pontiac sucks, you know they must be a turd if GM kicks them to the curb.

The GTO, G8, G6, and Solstice were all great cars...mainly because they were just rebadged Holden's and Opel's. I still wish GM would see fit to bring the Holden UTE over as a rebadged El Camino, that would be bad ass! The Holden Sportwagon is pretty slick too. Either way, Pontiac made the only exciting cars from GM (with the exception of the Corvette) and the Firebird and TA were much better looking than the F-Body Camaro's IMO. Pontiac did have a few lemons though, the Grand Prix and Grand Am were both bleh...plus that Aztek was just HORRIBLE.

Edited by drew95gt

The GTO, G8, G6, and Solstice were all great cars...mainly because they were just rebadged Holden's and Opel's. I still wish GM would see fit to bring the Holden UTE over as a rebadged El Camino, that would be bad ass! The Holden Sportwagon is pretty slick too. Either way, Pontiac made the only exciting cars from GM (with the exception of the Corvette) and the Firebird and TA were much better looking than the F-Body Camaro's IMO. Pontiac did have a few lemons though, the Grand Prix and Grand Am were both bleh...plus that Aztek was just HORRIBLE.

I've seen the Holden Commodore Ute in person, and it's pretty badass.

I find it mildly hilarious that the OP is passing judgement on the WRX and EVO without even knowing what the hell they are apart from a Subaru/Mitsu. You understand that there are other car companies that aren't General Motors, right? And that most of them even import to the United States, having infinitely better quality/longevity than a mid/late 2000's GM?

I've seen the Holden Commodore Ute in person, and it's pretty badass.

I find it mildly hilarious that the OP is passing judgement on the WRX and EVO without even knowing what the hell they are apart from a Subaru/Mitsu. You understand that there are other car companies that aren't General Motors, right? And that most of them even import to the United States, having infinitely better quality/longevity than a mid/late 2000's GM?

Good luck trying to find an evo or sti for 8k which is what it looks like the op is willing to spend. Ones with 100k are still going for high teens.

Good luck trying to find an evo or sti for 8k which is what it looks like the op is willing to spend. Ones with 100k are still going for high teens.

And you have a valid point there, however I was just illustrating the fact that there are other, more reliable cars out there that just don't have the Pontiac/GM badge on them.