I'm an idiot. (Dynotune Motorsports)

Tonik

Bit of background. My bike is famous for pinging on the highway. So a year ago I bought a PC for it and put in the map that everyone that has my bike uses. Thats where the I'm an idiot part comes in. I dropped a few hundred dollars on a PC to fix a problem but never finished the job. It was better, but still idled like crap after it warmed up and still pinged..but certainly not as bad. Up hill around 70 in 5th with a slight roll on.

He spent two hours on it, never settling for 'close enough' He dialed every rpm and throttle position in right on the money. I lost count of pulls. It actually was quite amazing when I got home and loaded the old map and his map on my laptop and did the compare. Dramatically different in the mid-throttle range from 2750 to 3500. Exactly where I am on the highway in 5th gear.

I spent the 120 miles on the freeway home from his shop doing everything I could to get it to ping. All it did was sit me back in the seat, roar and take off. Not once did it hesitate or ping...not even close. And it is that whole way through the throttle range. I kept hitting rest areas and exits to run through the gears and check each possibility out.

So there you have it, don't be an idiot like me. Finish the job. It's like I bought a new bike.

Edited by Tonik

SE side of Columbus. http://www.dynotunemotorsports.com/ Talk to Brian about prices, the pricing varies depending upon bike and exhaust. Dual exhaust is more...but you get a better tune because you can tune each cylinder.....there are variables that I don't understand. It will be in the 200 to 300 dollar range. Worth every penny if you think about my story, I had a 250 dollar paper weight power commander if I didn't tune it.

Bit of background. My bike is famous for pinging on the highway. So a year ago I bought a PC for it and put in the map that everyone that has my bike uses. Thats where the I'm an idiot part comes in. I dropped a few hundred dollars on a PC to fix a problem but never finished the job. It was better, but still idled like crap after it warmed up and still pinged..but certainly not as bad. Up hill around 70 in 5th with a slight roll on.

He spent two hours on it, never settling for 'close enough' He dialed every rpm and throttle position in right on the money. I lost count of pulls. It actually was quite amazing when I got home and loaded the old map and his map on my laptop and did the compare. Dramatically different in the mid-throttle range from 2750 to 3500. Exactly where I am on the highway in 5th gear.

I spent the 120 miles on the freeway home from his shop doing everything I could to get it to ping. All it did was sit me back in the seat, roar and take off. Not once did it hesitate or ping...not even close. And it is that whole way through the throttle range. I kept hitting rest areas and exits to run through the gears and check each possibility out.

So there you have it, don't be an idiot like me. Finish the job. It's like I bought a new bike.

Thank you Jim for coming down to Columbus for a Tune. I am glad you are happy and appreciate the effort I put into my tuning. So many people think that a power commander and a generic map is all one needs to get their bike dialed in. A custom tune brings everything together. :)

Thank you Jim for coming down to Columbus for a Tune. I am glad you are happy and appreciate the effort I put into my tuning. So many people think that a power commander and a generic map is all one needs to get their bike dialed in. A custom tune brings everything together. :)

Fwiw, I found my idle issue. Dirty throttle body. Forgot how many miles I have done this year. I do it every 10k, I was five overdue.