Norwalk track day

machspd11

A few years ago we rented out norwalk dragstrip up near Toledo about 2.5 hours away. If people want to do that next year sometime. There is no rules you don't need full leathers you don't need a kill switch nothing. Depending on how many people want to do this it would be about 50-75 bucks a bike. That's riding all day. Let me know if you want to and ill set it up. Its cheaper in spring.

Edited by machspd11
  • Upvote 1

I've been to a private rental at Norwalk before, helluva good time. I'd do it again. Keep us posted.

I've done an all Corvette day at Norwalk and been there as a crew member for other events. The track is second to none in quality. Keep me in the loop. If I can make it I may have extra space in my trailer to haul another member or two's bikes up there.

Make sure you have accounted for all costs before setting a price. Ambulance and clean up fees can get big if there is a wreck with damage to the track. The costs that aren't fixed are what will fuck up a friendly shared cost event. Been there, seen it happen, it ruined friendships and the club dynamics for a very long time.

O-R should not be part of the event or should be part of the organizing to make sure the participating fees cover worst case scenario. This way no one is left holding the bag for unexpected expenses with no way to convince others to chip in more after they have paid what was thought to cover the expenses.

You have been warned, just call me dream killer.

I bet it would be even harder to crash a four wheeled vehicle going in a straight line. (Read with sarcastic font.)

When or if such an event happens the fluids need to be cleaned up and the track surface needs to be reestablished. Ruining the tracks launch surface isn't hard close to the lights.

• Upvote 1

Make sure you have accounted for all costs before setting a price. Ambulance and clean up fees can get big if there is a wreck with damage to the track. The costs that aren't fixed are what will fuck up a friendly shared cost event. Been there, seen it happen, it ruined friendships and the club dynamics for a very long time.

O-R should not be part of the event or should be part of the organizing to make sure the participating fees cover worst case scenario. This way no one is left holding the bag for unexpected expenses with no way to convince others to chip in more after they have paid what was thought to cover the expenses.

You have been warned, just call me dream killer.

This is a good point. Maybe everyone should double down to participate, say at 20 bikes we throw $100 each? Still seems worth it to be able to run 30-40 times or more. Then if all goes as planned, incident free, we can each get half of our money back. What's everyone think? An extra grand would most likely absorb the majority of any damages from a spill, and each rider should be responsible for their own medical if need be?

If we manage to damage the track with a motorcycle, somebody fucked up pretty hard.

For that matter, if you manage to crash a motorcycle going in a straight line...

fixed rearsets and bar-ends can dig into asphalt pretty easily. A tank-slap situation is entirely possible in drag-race conditions, and the more powerful bikes could easily get out of the "groove" and spin the rear in 3rd gear at over 100mph.

Crashes happen. Granted, in a straight line, the bike is probably going to stay on 2 wheels and hit a wall way down the track, but it's totally possible for someone to wheelie and loop the bike at launch and sky the bike right at the start line.