Apple announces iPhone5

Scruit

Apple says pre-orders start 14th. So does that mean I pre-order that through Verizon or Apple? Can Apple sell me a Verizon phone? :confused: verizon claims no knowledge of the iphone 5; "No announcement about the iphone5 has been made".

Whoever you talked to at Verizon has no idea what they're talking about. Yes you can order via Verizon and Apple on the 14th.

It sounds pretty good but I was expecting/hoping for something drastically different from the 4s. Other than 4g I haven't heard anything that makes it significantly better, but correct me if I missed something.

It says preorder start the 14th and ship the 21st. So would it arrive at Verizon the 21st, or a few days later ?

Edited by Simplysix

When I preordered the 4s, it came to my house the day it was released. They must have agreements with ups/FedEx to get them out the same day. I'm going to preorder the 5 also.

It sounds pretty good but I was expecting/hoping for something drastically different from the 4s. Other than 4g I haven't heard anything that makes it significantly better, but correct me if I missed something.

It says preorder start the 14th and ship the 21st. So would it arrive at Verizon the 21st, or a few days later ?

No, as a matter of fact you should throw it against a brick wall immediately and replace it with an Android phone.

:D

My DroidX phone IS a brick. Bad SD card slot, bad GPS antenna, crashes 2x per week, 10% of the photos I take are corrupt, can't take videos reliably. The phone has been rooted, de-rooted, factory wipes AND physically replaced TWICE. :nono:

i can almost assure you that will never happen

Soooo...you're saying there's still a chance. ALRIGHT!

My DroidX phone IS a brick. Bad SD card slot, bad GPS antenna, crashes 2x per week, 10% of the photos I take are corrupt, can't take videos reliably. The phone has been rooted, de-rooted, factory wipes AND physically replaced TWICE. :nono:

Do you think an overly priced and locked down Apple phone will be better? :dunno: The only droid phones I would accept from Motorola are ones of the RAZR model and newer. Anything before that was them just getting their feet wet.

The one thing that Steve Jobs did better than any other MFG was to create the myth of the superiority of their product over the others. Basically, he created a very large flock of sheep that keep going over the fence to be sheared. Waste of good money ! Had the Droid HTC incredible and now the samsung galaxy s3. will equal or out preform the iphone in every way.

• Upvote 1

It's official we have now had 7,346 threads about how Apple is better than Android or how Android is better than Apple. Who gives a fuck? Each group is nothing but a bunch of fanboys. Each platform has it pro's and con's. No matter how much nut swinging is done by each camp most people will not switch and will remain loyal no matter the cost.

BTW, Apple FTW!!!!! :D

Looks like the detractors on this thread didn't even read about it at all. No significant changes? Please go read about it first, until then STFU. If you want what android will have in a year, buy the iPhone now. Even the courts agree the others are copies. :D

Yes...somewhat trolling, somewhat truth.

Looks like the detractors on this thread didn't even read about it at all. No significant changes? Please go read about it first, until then STFU. If you want what android will have in a year, buy the iPhone now. Even the courts agree the others are copies. :D

Elaborate. Or STFU :D

The spin doctor is in the house! :nono:

Samsung lost the case, not Google. Samsung added features to the Android OS which was the basis for Apples claim.

Now, who needs to STFU?

:cool:

The spin doctor is in the house! :nono:

Samsung lost the case, not Google. Samsung added features to the Android OS which was the basis for Apples claim.

Now, who needs to STFU?

:cool:

You do

http://gizmodo.com/5941817/what-really-made-steve-jobs-so-angry-about-google