iPhone 5

Scruit

LOL @ "turn over to mute."

If only GF's came with the same options as the Galaxy S III! They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel to make the list look longer.

Tilt to zoom? WHy not list "Swipe to unlock" on the apple side? (A touchy subject I guess because it's a patented Apple feature that got Samsung's fingers burned as I recall...)

I just got a tracking number email from Verizon. Shipped today on Fedex out of Memphis and shows Thursday by 430 delivery

My order status on he verizon website still shows as "Ship date 9/21" No email from them about shipping.

When did you place your order? Mine was 03:12 on the Verizon website.

That was the phone I was considering instead of the iP5 but rejected it because it was my buddy and his wife problems since the ICS update. Both crash regularly. Same as my DroidX.

Weird, never crashed once on mine. And all those "turn over to mute" features and what not are basically gestures you can use to control the phone, they're actually a pretty cool feature. Expandable memory is also a big plus, as you can buy the cheaper phone with less onboard memory and buy a microSD. Having 96GB of storage is great when that nice 1080P video capture feature eats 2MB per second. Extra $200 to go from 16 to 64GB on iPhone, extra $55 to go from 16 to 80GB on S3.

I will just add in to the quality/durability factor that I know plenty of people who broke their glass box iPhones while my old original EVO hit the pavement about 2 dozen times without a losing a beat. My S3 has hit once without any problems.

Edited by smashweights

I ordered it right at 3 and Verizon will give you 45 for turning the Droid in.

I Clicked on "Add to cart" about 1 minute past 3. Took me another 11 minutes to go through the option, plan changes and credit card info.

I need to change the plan already - they have me for 5Gb 4G LTE but they still have my unlimited 3G on the line too. They'll have to take the unlimited 3g off.

My monthly 3g use is less than half a Gb - although I expect that to rise with 4G!

I went from a Iphone 4 to a Atrix (android type) I REALLY like the way the Iphones process.. my biggest three don't likes, price, and impossible to replace batteries and keep warranty, and the lacking of a Micro-SD etc.

I killed my iphone 4's battery, and I loved that phone, but, I wont go back. I was broke and bought my phone refurbed for almost nothing a year ago, and I like it more, cheap, replaceable batteries, upgradable flash memory (after purchase for cheap) my wifes iphone is wonderful, they use standardized processes to make them all software compatible, its a wonderful thing, standardization, and she just does email facebook facetime, and photos..she hates the memory in a iphone, its the biggest drawback that you have to delete something to add more, you can't swap mem cards like almost every other cool phone in the last decade(ok maybe 7-8 years)... that is a HuGE drawback IMO, unless your rich lol, and even then, its not changeable, its just more space to fill.

the droid isn't perfect there are issues having 5 different companies making phones, some programs just dont work right.. but, this is the linux over windows debate IMO, they are both viable, just have different niches.. will I buy the 5? nope, haven't even looked into it. if it has swappable batteries and a flash memory interface (yeah right), I'll give it a shot, otherwise, it just wont be worth my money, I'm sure its great for many though.

We ordered the 64GB version. I have 16BG in my droidx right now and we don't come close to filling it. Mostly because 50% of the videos get corrupted into zero-length files.

The battery thing can be annoying but apple has a mail-in battery replacement service for $80. They warranty the battery for up to 2 years.

Their warranty service on my son's iPod touch was insane. The screen blanked out white and I logged on to the Apple website with his device ID in a panic because I didn't even remember when/where we bought it - and the receipt was a distant memory... It recognized the warranty period from the date it was first registered in iTunes and we got instructions to hand it over to shipping location (UPS store I think) which we did the next morning. No mailing labels, boxing up or anything - the ups store knew to use Apple's account# and they provided packaging and boxed it up and overnighted it to apple. The next day Apple got the device and decided it was not worth trying to fix. The day after that his new (refurbed I think) ipod arrived by overnight courier. He plugged it into his computer and told iTunes that this was a replacement device and it resynced all his apps and data back into the new device - 5 mins after opening the box he was 100% back to where he was with no loss of anything, no having to reinstall any apps, just plug and click.

When I factory wipe my droidX (as I have had to do several times) it takes me hours to get my data and apps back. Some backup app exist but none of them do it all.

so....I have to send all my personal stuff to someone to do something I should be able to do at home without the risk of them keeping all my personal info.. I'm glad their turn around time was good for you, but its just not a appealing concept to me.

so....I have to send all my personal stuff to someone to do something I should be able to do at home without the risk of them keeping all my personal info.. I'm glad their turn around time was good for you, but its just not a appealing concept to me.

Personal data... You can factory wipe first then resynch after.

Sucks to have to send it in, yeah, but not the end of the world considering most people will upgrade their phone before the battery wears out. Like changing the spark plugs in a car the needs the engine to be partially removed. Big bucket of suck, but infrequent enough to be worth it in exchange for the benefits for most people.

I'm not a fanboi of Apple (do not currently have any Apple products - although my wife and son do) and I know that my droidx experience is not typical of android - but still... If you buy a car from any given manufacturer and it turns out to be a chunk-o-junk then are you going to trip over yourself to rush back to that same manufacturer for your next car?

Edited by Scruit

Mine still says preparing for shipment and a deliver date of 9/21

Same here.

Also, the cases were $50 each on the Verizon site but I got them from case-mate for $30 each. Monoprice has some dirt cheap cases but they are sold out until nearly November.

Edited by Scruit

Nice. Got my tracking info this morning. To be delivered on Friday by 3pm. I didn't stay up till 3am to order though :)

Don't rub it in. :(

Still, most places sold out by 4am so "You're a lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, luck boy." (+ 10 points, and loss of man-card for recognizing that quote)

Woohoo I guess I iz Winnar then. Mine left Memphis yesterday and Louisville early today.

Don't let anyone know, there's be Apple pHaNboiZ dressed like ninjas ready to rob you of your new iphone on thursday.

funny-pictures-humor-fat-ninja-costume_zps1cd24c1b.png

"I'll be like a breath of wind in the night - you won't hear or see me. You might smell Burger King and Acne Cream, but just ignore that..."

iOS 6 should be available by 1pm EST. I'm going to install it so everything will be backed up and synced for when I get the 5.

Sold my iP4 to Amazon for $250...I'll be shipping it Friday after the 5 arrives. Probably could have done better on CL or eBay but to me the extra $50 I may have gotten is not worth the hassle.

On the subject of cases and stuff, have a look at this. Since I do review stuff, I get a lot of press releases and I received this the other day. Looks interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxQno3R4Ixw

User video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbt3Y0Lh8M&fmt=38

FREMONT, Calif. – September 18, 2012- Dynaflo, a leader in Nanotechnology, announces the availability of two convenience kits for its popular product, LIQUID-ARMOR. One kit comes packed with 25 single-use wipes while the other option includes four single-use wipes and a microfiber cloth. The wipes are soaked in Dynaflo’s revolutionary LIQUID-ARMOR guaranteeing the ultimate invisible screen protection for any device with a glass screen including all smart phones (compatible with the new iPhone 5), gaming consoles, tablets, cameras and more.

“These convenience kits are ideal for people who are always on-the-go, and need to quickly protect their important devices,” says Tony Huang, CEO of Dynaflo. “The wipes are one-time-use only but the liquid protection lasts up to six months. So, just toss a pack into your bag and never worry about damaging your device again.”

The specially designed formula coats the device’s glass screen providing a scratch-resistant surface against normal wear-and-tear. LIQUID-ARMOR is 2X stronger than the standard screen protection films currently on the market. UV and weather-resistant, this remarkable product is the easiest and most effective safeguard for all your cherished devices. LIQUID-ARMOR also repels dirt and water.

Unlike traditional screen protector films, LIQUID-ARMOR wipes will never jeopardize the functionality of your screen. The formula preserves sensitivity and display clarity all while leaving behind a high gloss finish. Application is easy; simply wipe the Liquid-Armor onto the screen in one direction, let dry for 10 minutes, buff out any streaks on glass screen with a microfiber cloth, and then enjoy the remarkable protection.

One application of the LIQUID-ARMOR wipes will last up to six months. The 4-piece convenience kit retails for $12.99 and the 25-piece convenience kit costs $1.99 per single unit.

The LIQUID-ARMOR kits are available at Walmart.com, Target.com, Fry’s Electronics, Tigerdirect.com, Newegg.com, and Amazon.com.

About Dynaflo’s Nanotechnology

Nanotechnology is the manipulation of matter on an atomic or molecular scale. Using Nanotechnology, LIQUID-ARMOR spray will smooth out the surface of your device filling in tiny cracks and crevices that cannot be seen by the human eye. This way, the particles (i.e. dust, grease) that come in contact with you screen on a daily basis cannot do any damage since there are no irregularities in your screen to attach to. The result? Even the smallest particles will simply slide off your screen due to the molecular structure and density of LIQUID-ARMOR. This phenomenon is also known as the “Lotus Effect.”