iPhone 5

Scruit

Im trying to just put on Itunes what Im going to put on the phone. Ive got tons of music on the computer and only want to put about 5-6 gigs worth on the phone. I thought it might be easier to use I tunes as a "phone only playlist". Not sure its going to be as easy as I thought.

It's probably going to be easier to just move all of your music to ITunes and organize from there.

Then make separate play lists in Itunes. That way when you plug your phone in, transferring songs and deleting them will be easy.

It's probably going to be easier to just move all of your music to ITunes and organize from there.

Then make separate play lists in Itunes. That way when you plug your phone in, transferring songs and deleting them will be easy.

I would put money on if you dont do it this way you will never put new music on your phone because it will be too much work each time. Suck it up and doing it all once then it only takes a few minutes to change music. You can drag entire folders filled with music into itunes and it will add all the music in the folder.

This is so fucking frustrating. How do I get the itunes to only load a playlist onto the phone and not my entire music catalog?

Also, how do I delete what is on my phone already since I yanked the cord to stop it from loading my whole music collection?

Edit: I think I figured it out. Why must shit be this complicated? And where is my Goddamned back button?

Edited by max power

This is so fucking frustrating. How do I get the itunes to only load a playlist onto the phone and not my entire music catalog?

Also, how do I delete what is on my phone already since I yanked the cord to stop it from loading my whole music collection?

Edit: I think I figured it out. Why must shit be this complicated? And where is my Goddamned back button?

Hopefully, you figured it out, but you just uncheck what you do not want to download on to your phone. Essentially, if you were like me before my new 5, I couldn't load all my music. So, I had to uncheck certain songs/artists to not load as it was too much for the memory I had. My 64GB won't have that issue. :D

All this iPhone 5 talk, what cases are you guys looking at? I was going to do another Element case, but they are pretty bland for the first launch.

So, was snooping around and saw these guys:

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-5

I really like the idea of using my phone more for mountain biking, etc. These cases are pretty damn sweet! Looks very military like and guess what? They are right up north in Chicago!!!

If all of your music is actually organized this should be very easy for you. ITunes should notify you of duplicate songs.

Import all of your music to Itunes, then create a new playlist and put all of your music in that playlist.

Itunes should then say, Duplicates on this playlist, continue? Just put don't add duplicates.

Then make a new playlist from that playlist that doesn't have any duplicates to add to your phone.

Drag Playlist to your phone and wait for it to sync.

Also, wait until you have safely disconnected your device until you take it off the cable, it'll mess all sorts of shit up.

While Itunes is definitely not the best quality music player, it most definitely should be the easiest to organize your music, it's the only reason I use it.

Hopefully, you figured it out, but you just uncheck what you do not want to download on to your phone. Essentially, if you were like me before my new 5, I couldn't load all my music. So, I had to uncheck certain songs/artists to not load as it was too much for the memory I had. My 64GB won't have that issue. :D

All this iPhone 5 talk, what cases are you guys looking at? I was going to do another Element case, but they are pretty bland for the first launch.

So, was snooping around and saw these guys:

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-5

I really like the idea of using my phone more for mountain biking, etc. These cases are pretty damn sweet! Looks very military like and guess what? They are right up north in Chicago!!!

I got the Otter Box. Seems pretty solid.

Right next to the battery eject button

:lol:

Thanks RF. I Started transferring all my music over to iTunes before I came out to do Yard work. I spent all night making a playlist in windows and transferred it over. I think I wasted my time as it appears I'm going to have to do it again in iTunes.

Put your music into iTunes.

make a playlist in iTunes called "Shit i want on my phone."

Plug in your phone.

Click it in the list of devices on the left.

Click the "Music" subheader.

Click the checkbox for manually manage playlists. This will un-select "sync all music."

Then choose to sync only the playlist called "Shit I want on my phone."

Just being the 2nd day of LTE in Columbus, I've noticed a dramatic speed increase with data. Having said that, it also seems my battery drain has stabilized/improved. HOW??? I would think if anything it would have gotten a little worse. Anybody else? LTE coverage greater than 3G? I know when I'm between zones (Edge, 3G, 4G etc) the battery suffers while actively looking. Kind of like leaving wi-fi on.