Allstate Premiums

Cdubyah

My auto went down a bit. But my agent is a rock star. I have Hanover through an independent broker in Columbus/Reynoldsburg.

you do realize you're paying that agent on top of your premium every month. so whatever you're paying the insurance co, the agent has added his/her fees on top of it for your total.

I only deal straight with the insurance co when possible for the absolute lowest prices.

and I sat for a whole day before getting quotes. progressive flat out stomped the shit out of everyone.

2 trucks $43 a month for both

my bike is $100 a year.

I'm going to look into insurance through my credit union. they have every insurance I can think of available except health.

Edited by serpentracer

Progressive is hit or miss on their rates and I have yet to figure out exactly how they come up with their numbers sometimes. I've had 2 excellent experiences with collecting a check from them when one of their insured drivers had accidents with one of my trucks but no experience on the claims end of being the insured

you do realize you're paying that agent on top of your premium every month. so whatever you're paying the insurance co, the agent has added his/her fees on top of it for your total.

I only deal straight with the insurance co when possible for the absolute lowest prices.

and I sat for a whole day before getting quotes. progressive flat out stomped the shit out of everyone.

2 trucks $43 a month for both

my bike is $100 a year.

I'm going to look into insurance through my credit union. they have every insurance I can think of available except health.

When I switched to this guy, we had been paying $73/mo for my wife's car alone. Went with him, paying $63/mo for two cars with better coverage. Plus if I buy or sell a car, it's a simple email with the VINs and it's done, new card's in the mail. Maybe I could save a buck or two, but this guy has taken care of me for years.

Scratch my previous statement, fuck progressive; they are not increasing my bill by 30%, they are more than doubling it....somehow after I paid my policy for the year a month ago, they just sent me a bill for an additional $300.

They want me to pay nearly $600 a year for liability and comprehensive coverage....no collision. I paid $700 a year for full coverage on my 2001 when I was a first time rider and that bike was 4 years old....not 8 like this one.

This is with nearly their minimum coverage other than comprehensive. Old bike was a $175 per year when I had the same coverage. Going to have to call them to get this sorted out.

well first of all, I think progressive's policies are every 6 months. might want to look at it closer. that's how my trucks policies are.

and you can thank all your riding buddies that turn in every little scratch they find. and the guys out there crashing on a daily basis because they shouldn't be riding a motorcycle to begin with.

how old are you? when I hit 30 insurance rates dropped like a sack of bricks.

Edited by serpentracer

I see two things going on. People are driving less, which is less risk for the insurance company. So why raise the rates. The second would be that less people are driving, which is less income, so rates go up to maintain the flow of income. I don't think some of them are willing to "back off" in a recession/depression "we aren't having".

I think it's a double win for insurance providers, and yes, it's time to shop around.

If you don't think less people are driving from the cost of fuel, look at the increased volume in repo lots and tow lots. As well as the increase of scooters and bicycles and bus riders in the last two years. That's what I'm seeing.

Progressive (more to the point, Homesite through Progressive) raised my homeowners from 520/yr to 710/yr, AND hiked my deductibles for wind/hail and other acts of nature from $1000 to $2500, on top of that, Progressive proper stagnated my car insurance after my renewal. I kicked them both out and went to Nationwide. Homeowners is 10 bucks less pre-rate hike, and car insurance is down by about 150/6mo.

Progressive (more to the point, Homesite through Progressive) raised my homeowners from 520/yr to 710/yr, AND hiked my deductibles for wind/hail and other acts of nature from $1000 to $2500, on top of that, Progressive proper stagnated my car insurance after my renewal. I kicked them both out and went to Nationwide. Homeowners is 10 bucks less pre-rate hike, and car insurance is down by about 150/6mo.

Near same situation. Cancelled and went with Allstate who then proceeded to quote me a super cheap rate after I specifically said I wasn't moving my car insurance over yet (honeymoon trial period)... then my escrow paid out to Allstate almost $160 extra dollars over my quote to which I was told that "Well, you need to move your auto over and we'll reimburse you to what the original quote was..." (:nono: - which is why I do everything in writing and save the documentation)

Dropped Allstate and requoted with Progressive... and basically got my original rate back. I didn't like going back to them, but I don't think Homesite is the underwriting company anymore, it's IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company.

I dropped allstate last year because my rate increased by ~30%.... that's not a small increase, and I have never made a claim, no tickets, no accidents.

Just had this happen with my homeowners with Allstate, I will be shopping this week. :mad:

Near same situation. Cancelled and went with Allstate who then proceeded to quote me a super cheap rate after I specifically said I wasn't moving my car insurance over yet (honeymoon trial period)... then my escrow paid out to Allstate almost $160 extra dollars over my quote to which I was told that "Well, you need to move your auto over and we'll reimburse you to what the original quote was..." (:nono: - which is why I do everything in writing and save the documentation)

Dropped Allstate and requoted with Progressive... and basically got my original rate back. I didn't like going back to them, but I don't think Homesite is the underwriting company anymore, it's IDS Property Casualty Insurance Company.

Interesting. I honestly didn't even give them another bite at the apple, last time I renewed with Progressive they had to issue me a whole new policy to have me realize any savings from one half of the year to another. The justification they gave me was due to the storms that passed through last year, but in my mind that would justify a small rate increase, not a double-digit percentage increase AND a 1.5x increase in the only deductible I'm probably going to use as a homeowner.