Riding to Deal's Gap / TN April 25-27

Earache

I'll be riding south for the weekend of April 24-27th.

If anyone wants to tag along ,let me know.

We'll be riding from Indy to Lexington, KY and on into Alcoa, TN. Will stay in Alcoa at the Country Inn & Suites for the weekend.

First longer ride fo the year - should be fun.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be interested in this actually. I'll keep you updated. Hell, we'll discuss it this week in Chicago. Speaking of, which hotel are you staying at?

Gimme the Hampton you're in again and I'll stay there if they have any rooms. Need to book that today.

Here's my usual route to TN from Indy....

IndytoMaryvilleTN.jpg

It's 383 miles door to door. Pretty much the same distance from Columbus and about 100 miles less from Cinti.

If anyone wants to come along, we could meet up in Lexington and then ride down. The route shows a fair amount fo inetrstate riding, but there are some decent roads that parallel the highway and are a bit more curvy.

I'm always up for a road trip but alas, I only have my permit for now. My bike would fail the inspection they give you when you take your test, with my flush mounts and all. Otherwise, I would go for sure. The only way I could take the test would be on another bike, or a moped since that's allowed. On the 1000RR, it's rather difficult since it wants to move fast, even when idling, it seems. Sometimes I wish I held on to the 600RR but I fell in love with what I have now...

I'm always up for a road trip but alas, I only have my permit for now. My bike would fail the inspection they give you when you take your test, with my flush mounts and all. Otherwise, I would go for sure. The only way I could take the test would be on another bike, or a moped since that's allowed. On the 1000RR, it's rather difficult since it wants to move fast, even when idling, it seems. Sometimes I wish I held on to the 600RR but I fell in love with what I have now...

Pay $25. Take the safety class. Get your license. They provide the bike. And you'll learn something I promise, no matter how long you've been riding.

thats a long ride! I dont think i will ever ride down to the gap because i'm scared i wont have a ride home when my bike gets slayed by the dragon lol

And thus I'm debating trailering down. I don't know yet.

Gotta watch the weather on this as well. It could be 80 degrees and sunny or it could be snowing that weekend. Going there this early in the season is kinda risky. But we can always cancel is the weather is going to suck.

Better make some hotel reservations now if you think you may be going. Area fills up quick on the weekends. We're staying here:

Hotel:

Country Inn and Suites

162 Cusick Road

Alcoa, TN 37701

(865) 273-2800

Rate:

$243.70 for three nights

$71.00 per night before taxes, etc

You can book online at http://www.countryinns.com/ and cancel up to 24 hours prior with no penalty. I made my reservation about a month ago, so prices may have gone up a bit already. or not.

Best jump on it ASAP.

thats a long ride! I dont think i will ever ride down to the gap because i'm scared i wont have a ride home when my bike gets slayed by the dragon lol

LOL, you'll be fine there.

I think I would trailer down too though, 383 miles on a sportbike is a long ride.

I hope who ever goes has fun, we had a blast down there last year.

LOL, you'll be fine there.

I think I would trailer down too though, 383 miles on a sportbike is a long ride.

I hope who ever goes has fun, we had a blast down there last year.

You want to go Pedro?? You should!

I would not want to ride a bike on that trip.. It is bad enough in a truck.. Not to mention you will put some nice flat spots in your tires on the long boring highway ride.. Doesnt make sense to me to flatten out a tire while heading to the twisties..

I would not want to ride a bike on that trip.. It is bad enough in a truck.. Not to mention you will put some nice flat spots in your tires on the long boring highway ride.. Doesnt make sense to me to flatten out a tire while heading to the twisties..

I'm about 90% sure I'm going and I'm riding down. I've mapped out some good twisty roads to take, and it'll only be about an hour longer trip than normal. Its about the same miles as freeway. I'll probably take some freeway, some twisties. Anyone else from Cbus interested in going? Just a fun casual ride for me. I'm not out to impress anyone.

I'm about 90% sure I'm going and I'm riding down. I've mapped out some good twisty roads to take, and it'll only be about an hour longer trip than normal. Its about the same miles as freeway. I'll probably take some freeway, some twisties. Anyone else from Cbus interested in going? Just a fun casual ride for me. I'm not out to impress anyone.

I'm interested in going...don't really mind riding either.

Weekends are the worst times to do. You need to go during the week.

Not really - it's only bad on the weekends if you want to ride up and down on the Dragon all day. Fuck that. I'll be on roads that won't have too many people at all.