Forget bath salts, that's so last week, just smile.

magley64

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/2c-smiles-killer-drug-every-parent-know-234200299.html

Smile's effects have been called a combination of MDMA and LSD, only far more potent. Users have reported a speedy charge along with intense visual and aural hallucinations that can last anywhere from hours to days.

"At first I'd think something was extremely beautiful and then it look really strange," another user says in a recorded online account."I looked at my girlfriend's face for a minute and it was pitch black…the black started dripping out of her eye."

so how long before there are just too many of these synthetics that it becomes impossible to classify and test for all of them?

"one young man died after repeatedly slamming his body into trees and power line poles while hallucinating from the drug". Wtf happened to watching cartoons or pink Floyd's 'the wall' while higher than giraffe pussy?

Not as worried about arming up for the zombie apocalypse now.

according to the article, they are just chemists...

I got some chemist friends.

It probably isn't an easy task to just come up with a synthetic drug that does what it needs to and is "safe" (won't kill you just then).

... you would need at least some sort of a lab set up, access to the starting chemicals/elements... I'm picturing a Breaking Bad situation :) , I wonder if these people could do something that would actually help society with their skill set, or whether it is just a relatively easy process and that's all they're good at.

I wonder if these people could do something that would actually help society with their skill set, or whether it is just a relatively easy process and that's all they're good at.

I imagine that is what they (at least some of them) are trying to do.

Some speculate those "hobby chemists"--making the drug using powders shipped from China, acetone and plant-based materials--are to blame for concocting particularly strong or toxic batches.

"Anybody with a little money to front can import chemicals, mix, and sell it," says Carreno. "Many of these types of drugs were originally designed for research to be used on animals, not people." In fact, 2C-I was first synthesized by Alexander Shulgin, a psychopharmacologist and scientific researcher. He's responsible for identifying the chemical make-up of the so-called "2C" family, a group of hyper-potent psychedelic synthetics. In 2011, 2C-E, a twin sister drug to 2C-I, was blamed for the death of a Minnesota teenager and the overdose of 11 others.

Because of his medical research, Shulgin has unintentionally become a godfather of the synthetic drug movement, and his work has been reprinted and reduced to plain language on drug-related web forums.

:nono:

:( Wait till crocodile gets famous too, zombie apocalypse migt just be real

I just googled Krokodil and for the love of god what has gone wrong with this world. I am shocked... literally shocked that people are mixing gas, acid, and god knows what else and injecting it. Then to top it off it rots your flesh off. Oh snap, my arm fell off so I'll shoot up into my foot since I don't really need both of them to get around.

What ever happened to losing your teeth from crack? No, now my damn leg gets sawed off because I need to get high on cheap homemade heroin type drugs.

Thanks Russia!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Pot for everyone!!!!! And my son was just telling my wife and I about this exact shit "smiles" over dinner this evening, he said it was bad shit and the next big thing. LSD was pretty much the worse stuff I ever heard kids messing with, well and the occasional snort of booger sugar if they could find or afford it.

Edited by Pokey

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/2c-smiles-killer-drug-every-parent-know-234200299.html

so how long before there are just too many of these synthetics that it becomes impossible to classify and test for all of them?

We've kind of reached that point now.

Every time the law changes, the manufacturers tweak the compounds. Even with more generalized wording in the laws to make "substantially similar" compunds illegal, a lot of times the prosecutors won't try a case that they feel is iffy. Testing and classification of these things is well behind the manufacturers timetable of designing and producing the drugs.

I promote putting massive amounts of ricky-ticky bad shit out there and letting the idiots kill themselves all off.