Talk to me about drop ceiling's.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

2x4 is what I want. All depends on price.

I only plan on have about a 4" drop. Just enough to clear the one duct that is below the joists.

I have seen wires hung strictly to the joists and the layout ends up making tile removal without damaging them, near impossible. For minimal clearance we always found it best to run 1 x strips across the bottoms of the joists so support wires could run straight up. Of course that does drop the ceiling down an additional 3/4", but its worth it if possible.

Not sure how "fancy" you're trying to get with the ceiling but my company makes product for drop ceilings you might want to check out. http://www.woodtracbysauder.com/
I have seen wires hung strictly to the joists and the layout ends up making tile removal without damaging them, near impossible. For minimal clearance we always found it best to run 1 x strips across the bottoms of the joists so support wires could run straight up. Of course that does drop the ceiling down an additional 3/4", but its worth it if possible.

Ok, I'm following you. I'm going to see Dale today so my plan is to also stop by lowes and see what cost I'm looking at.

Furring strips.

That is the preffered method.

just get a sprayer and some flat black paint and spray the ceiling

Depending on the height of the ceiling and the size of the room, this isn't a bad idea.

I just sprayed the drop ceiling of a basement in a house I just bought, but I was spraying white paint because the grid was black and the tiles were white and I couldn't stand it. It was a PITA, but easier and quicker than replacing the whole grid.

Depending on the height of the ceiling and the size of the room, this isn't a bad idea.

I just sprayed the drop ceiling of a basement in a house I just bought, but I was spraying white paint because the grid was black and the tiles were white and I couldn't stand it. It was a PITA, but easier and quicker than replacing the whole grid.

I dont have bad ideas, they are all good.

They make snap on grip covers, although paint is cheaper.

New house? What is that about?

I dont have bad ideas, they are all good.

They make snap on grip covers, although paint is cheaper.

New house? What is that about?

Those covers are shit. The seams will show, especially when covering up black with white. That shit would bug me all day, everyday. Better to do it right the first time. And yeah, waaaay expensive to go that route.

I moved to Avon..bought a house back in Feb and moved at the end of June.