Nephew down...

r1crusher

Dang Kevin. I hate to hear this. Hoping and praying that the back/spine injury isn't anything serious. Not to downplay the rest of his injuries but those will heal. I'm sure you will find out more details later, but make sure they get him to somewhere that specializes in spine injuries if he's not already. And don't take no for an answer from the insurance companies.

He is in my thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 2:

A little more info from late this morning:

"In a lot of pain. Surgery on arm done...maybe more for wrist. Only a small piece of bone from 12th virtabre and is ok."

That boy better be thanking someone upstairs when he starts feeling better.

Only a small piece of bone from 12th virtabre and is ok."

That is probably the best news. Surgeries suck and he'll be in a lot of pain for awhile, but sounds like no damage to the spinal cord? Are they expecting to do any kind of back surgery for the broken bone?

No, no mention of any kind of back surgery. Just possibly more to address his hand/wrist. I did finally get more details on the accident itself though. As I understand it the guy driving the car was busy....**drum roll**....texting multiple times while traveling in front of my nephew. Supposedly he was slowing down to text and then speeding up several times. My nephew grew tired of this and finally passed the guy. Well not very far was an intersection with a stop light where the light was red and my nephew stopped for it. Apparently the guy continued to text away and didn't notice the light was red and he just plowed into him.

I have actually found video from a news report on the accident. For those who want to know the bike under the car was a '09-'10 ZX10 (sorry I don't remember the exact year but I think that's close enough).

News Report of Motorcycle Crash

You're right. After watching it a couple more times there wasn't one at that exact spot. I'm not saying what I was told is 100% accurate, just that's what I'm getting. My mother is flying down tomorrow and I'm sure she'll get everything straight. I suppose it's possible he was struck further back and everything came to rest near that crosswalk.

Edited by r1crusher

No, no mention of any kind of back surgery. Just possibly more to address his hand/wrist. I did finally get more details on the accident itself though. As I understand it the guy driving the car was busy....**drum roll**....texting multiple times while traveling in front of my nephew. Supposedly he was slowing down to text and then speeding up several times. My nephew grew tired of this and finally passed the guy. Well not very far was an intersection with a stop light where the light was red and my nephew stopped for it. Apparently the guy continued to text away and didn't notice the light was red and he just plowed into him.

I have actually found video from a news report on the accident. For those who want to know the bike under the car was a '09-'10 ZX10 (sorry I don't remember the exact year but I think that's close enough).

News Report of Motorcycle Crash

I'm not surprised. I figured this or it was an elderly. Someone needs to take this guy's balls.

So surguries aside, will your nephew be able to walk?

I got word late yesterday that they were releasing my nephew from the hospital.

:wtf:

I also was told that they have to wait on doing anything with his hand/wrist until his arm heals. I'm really surprised that they are letting him go so quickly but I guess if the arm is as good as is that's probably the only reason to keep him. He isn't going right home, he's staying with my mother at a nearby hotel until he's good enough to go home to deal with his to pets (my sister is driving back and forth taking care of them).

Oh, and he was wearing his helmet. Not sure about other gear and I'm guessing not due to the rash he got so Uncle will be having a good talk with him about that shit.