No helmet saves lives.

Tonik

abate is full of a bunch of fuck wad Harley riders.

they propose loud pipes save lives yet helmets cause spine injuries.

Wellllllllllllll even if true I'd rather have a spine injury and be stuck riding a can am spyder the rest of my life than my brains being splattered on the road.

abate is full of a bunch of fuck wad Harley riders.

they propose loud pipes save lives yet helmets cause spine injuries.

Wellllllllllllll even if true I'd rather have a spine injury and be stuck riding a can am spyder the rest of my life than my brains being splattered on the road.

As a "fuck wad harley rider" Id like to point out that loud pipes and helmet induced spine injuries are not dependant on each other. Your comment makes no sense.

I have crashed 1 street bike and several offroad 2,3 and 4 wheeled machines while wearing helmets and never once ended up dead. I do though still have all my teeth, my nose and both eyes. My streetbike crash was a 45mph highside where I hit the road face first. Full face helmet seems to have saved my life and I still wear them to this day. You won't convince me otherwise.

Now I am sure another statistic you won't hear in any of the bable, from the non-helmet touting fools, is that in the cases of the people killed wearing a helmet is what kind of lid they had on. I would imagine the standard non-DOT, non-Snell, butter dish style miniature half assed helmets with the fake DOT sticker probably do make the crash worst and would probably increase your chances of dieing in a crash. If they are wearing a full face modern helmet that was properly cared for I tend to believe they will increase your chances of living a long life.

Loud pipes can only be heard from behind the bike. I've been listening this past summer while driving. The only thing they are good for is disturbing me from 2 or 3 miles out when I'm enjoying the quiet on my porch at night.

If you are wearing a bullshit helmet just to comply with the law. A spinal injury is no surprise. Besides I bet the spinal injury has more to do with the physics of the crash then the helmet. I'd also wager in your spinal injury accident with a helmet, would get you dead without it.

Law states that you only get to ride without a helmet if you take a course. So how many have just kept wearing the helmet cuz they are so use to it and too lazy to take a class? How many that wanna drop the helmet so took a class and learned to handle a bike? Seeing the % drop to start off doesn't surprise me. Long term will tell the real story. Eventually it will come to the point where people will just start riding without helmets cuz everyone is doing it and it is "cool"

Law states that you only get to ride without a helmet if you take a course. So how many have just kept wearing the helmet cuz they are so use to it and too lazy to take a class? How many that wanna drop the helmet so took a class and learned to handle a bike? Seeing the % drop to start off doesn't surprise me. Long term will tell the real story. Eventually it will come to the point where people will just start riding without helmets cuz everyone is doing it and it is "cool"

It states course or two year minimum of being licensed. We all know that we are the biggest dangers to ourselves in that time. They probably threw new riders out of thier stats.

It states course or two year minimum of being licensed. We all know that we are the biggest dangers to ourselves in that time. They probably threw new riders out of thier stats.

I missed the 2 year prior part. But our points still kinda go together. You either take the class and learn to ride better to lose the lid or have 2 years under your belt.

Two years? Its one year unless they just recently changed it since August. Either way I rather wear a helmet even after my year is up. My bestfriends father's death was evidence that a helmet would have kept him alive today! I would never put my kids through the loss of a kick ass mom ;)

As a "fuck wad harley rider" Id like to point out that loud pipes and helmet induced spine injuries are not dependant on each other. Your comment makes no sense.

Well let me make it in 2 separate statements then.

Abate has stated over and over again that loud pipes save lives, when in reality this is false because of 2 reasons.

1. Loud pipes offer no protection to a persons physical being.

2. Loud pipes offer little to no protection of being noticed because of 2 reasons.

a. Laws of physics state that a noise gets louder as the noise approaches a object

b. Most vehicle noises over 94 db are illegal. EVERYWHERE and it just pisses people off

Abate has some sort of hidden agenda, covering up their support for freedom of personal choice as organizational leaders have been known for saying that helmets cause more deaths and injuries tha on they prevent.

Abate has some sort of hidden agenda, covering up their support for freedom of personal choice as organizational leaders have been known for saying that helmets cause more deaths and injuries tha on they prevent.

Ya, if they just would come out and say we don't think you should have to wear a helmet because it's a personal choice, I'd buy that. But don't give me crappy figures to back your story.

It's kinda like that person we all know who says he doesn't wear a seat belt because one time his Uncle Jim's buddies wife rolled her car and wasn't wearing her seatbelt and it saved her life. Cause she was ejected from the car, then it rolled all the way onto the train tracks, was struck by a passing train and smashed into pieces. If she would've had her seatbelt on and stayed in the car she would be dead!

Edited by TRMN8TR

The "fuck wad harley rider" indication did seem to have some merit.

I met my neighbor when he stopped by to look at my trailer for sale. He starts talking about other things and blah, blah, blah.

The new topic was about gear and stuff. My mention about the pirate costumes didn't go over as funny as I thought. He insisted that wearing giant black boots, to protect his feet, was vastly more important that the wearing of a helmet. He said, "if you don't protect your feet you cant walk".

As the conversation went on he actually stated, "I'll stab a mother fucker". Interesting part was his ABATE shirt.

Never the less he wasn't really interested in buying a trailer. And he was way more concerned about informing me about the dangers of wearing a helmet.

I've bounced my noggin off the ground a few times and I'm sure glad the "neck injury device" did its job.

Factory exhaust systems kill people!

This sums it up right here. We need to launch a lawsuit against manufacturers for putting us in danger. All pipes should be open baffle ans multi directional for optimal function of noise making.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Why don't people just get off their asses and ride instead of worrying what gear everyone else wears.

BINGO!

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck if people decide against protecting themselves as much as possible? It is their decision and they can deal with the consequences if any come about

Worrying about everyone else but yourself is Reason #421,340 this country has become a pile of fuck wads

• Upvote 1

BINGO!

Honestly, who gives a flying fuck if people decide against protecting themselves as much as possible? It is their decision and they can deal with the consequences if any come about

Worrying about everyone else but yourself is Reason #421,340 this country has become a pile of fuck wads

100% agreement. Well said.

• Downvote 1

BINGO!

Damn pb rule!

:+15million:

Comparing two years of data is not statistically sound. In addition, for there to be any validity to this, they would actually need to have data from year to year that compares accidents with helmeted riders vs unhelmeted. From the data given, helmet usage may have actually gone up or the accidents that occurred may have been with riders wearing helmets but there isn't enough info provided. Finally, accidents in general are really difficult to track as severity is not a constant. All accidents are not the same. Some groups have been citing increases in accidents, injuries and fatalities on the Ohio turnpike since the speed increase but they failed to measure for weather and also a couple of severe unusual accidents (i.e. several incidences of wrong way drivers killing 4 or more people at once).

The helmet stance is one of the reason I can't stand the AMA.

Mary

I totally hate and disagree with abates findings or premise. I love their tactics and results. They lie and deceive to get the result they want by duping stupid people & politicians just like what happens when most feel good laws are passed. They are holding stupid laws at bay so good for them.

I hate, hate, hate loud pipes & if I were a cop I would hassle every fucker riding around with open pipes. I rode the "Dream" ride with a guy behind me that had a loud exhaust & I heard him the whole time even over my bike while wearing ear plugs. He didn't have his exhaust pointed forward either so loud exhausts can be heard from the front. So fucking what it doesn't add any safety margin.