Danville area- suggestion for places to eat

Mary#17

Deep fried green beans, yummy.

This sounds just fantastic... There's a little place in Shelby (Paul's Diner) that has deep fried just-about-everything. You can get a mixer side that has just about all your veggies, battered and fried. It may not be right, but I don't care...

Go back to where 36 and 62 cross(4miles south of Danville) in Millwood there is a restaurant called "Spearmans" excellent home cooking. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/216/1077238/restaurant/Mansfield/Spearmans-Restaurant-Howard+

Oh yea you will be in my turf in the Danville area

Edited by 2talltim

Go back to where 36 and 62 cross(4miles south of Danville) in Millwood there is a restaurant called "Spearmans" excellent home cooking. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/216/1077238/restaurant/Mansfield/Spearmans-Restaurant-Howard+

Oh yea you will be in my turf in the Danville area

+1

Great food!

Yep...all of the above....Millwood, Spearman's is hard to beat. Meal prices have increased...no more $6.95 full meals.....$7.95 now (some are more). The Hangout in Danville has great burgers. Lil' pizzaria type place just up street...cheap breakfast. Ice cream (Velvet) at Danville BP...lil' case with sammiches....Peggy Sue's west on SR229 from USR62...in Newcastle.

AND....20 miles more up SR514 to Nashville and west on 39 then north on 179 to intersection of SR3 & 179....gives you the Iron Pony Saloon. The boys are bugging me for a ride there again. Make several trips.... Enjoy.

Oh yeah...and Apple Valley has a nice lil' place in front of main entrance.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Just re-read...sqhead...Gambier....the aforementionedway deli, a lil' restaurant up street.... a house with bar,think it has the fence in front, then the fancy smancy Gambier Inn....expensive and bland. Also right on corner, white andbarns red building...coffee house? not sure...haven't checked it out. Then back behind bookstore alley is a place...used to be Pirates Cove....school bought it and Pirates Cove moved to Mt.Vernon...itz by We Luv Pets...China Buffet. Chinese place is a buffet....and as is the way with chinese buffets....your 3rd trip up brings out the check....pretty good eating and lotsa choices.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

I'll add yet another vote for Spearmans in Millwood. As for littlecarbs Gambier tips, let me fill in the blanks. The place with the outdoor tables and the fence is the Village Inn and the Gambier Deli a few doors down has a great variety of sandwiches. The place on the corner is Wiggin Street Coffee, mainly just coffee. If out riding, I'd opt for Spearmans. Try the pies for dessert.

Going riding today as it may be one of the last pretty days of the year. Thanks to this forum, I am going over to Danville and have lunch at Spearmans. Never been there, but looking forward to it. Hope they have good pie!

Going to ride the two lanes between Danville and Wooster, Millersburg and Mansfield. If you see a 2011 BMW R1200RT doing a wheelie with a passenger smacking the driver in the head, that will be me...

Well, we ate at Spearman's and it was awesome! I couldn't believe the number of items on the menu(s). My girlfriend and I had dessert: she had the pumpkin pecan pie, I had the banana cream pie, and, uh, we also split a piece of Hummingbird cake...

Like I told the waitress, you only live once, as far as I know....

We ended up at the Hangout yesterday. It was decent. very cheap. Tried the fried green beans. They were pretty good. We passed some Cafe 52? that looked interesting.

I found a new way to get down south that was much nicer than the rt. 83 drone we had been doing, so this route is a keeper.

Sadly, I think last week was the prime for leaves. Most of trees were pretty barren. We saw lots of bike which is nice as lately it seems there aren't as many as there used to be. Hopefully we'll be able to sneak in a couple more rides but the weather is definitely on the downward slope. In another month or two, I'll start my annual internal debate as to why I continue to live in Ohio. ;)

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Mary

You know, maybe I am the oddball, but I kind of look forward to winter... For one thing, it makes riding again in the spring so much sweeter. I am much more grateful for the ability to ride, to be able to afford bikes, etc.

Also, winter time gives me plenty of shop time. I have a shop that I have spent alot of time making it "mine". I enjoy going out there on a cold evening or weekend and servicing the bikes, tinkering around, etc.

Finally, I love to read, and winter gives me the opportunity to catch up on my reading...

So, yes, I too have dreamt of moving somewhere that has good year 'round riding, like North Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. But, I wonder if I would be less grateful for the time I actually get to spend on a motorcycle.

Now, having said all of this, realize it's the end of October. Come February, I won't be so philosophical and poetic, I will be wishing I lived in the South... :cool:

Edited by SquareHead