black friday deals..how does it work?

serpentracer

ok so the local news has a article about best buy's black friday deals. I was wondering how this works because people commenting on the story are saying you have to get a ticket a few days in advance to be able to get these items on reserve or something to that effect.

I want to get in on this because they are supposedly selling a 50" toshiba LED for $399.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/best-buy-black-friday-ad-leaked

I went last year starting at 9:00 on thanksgiving day because this chick I knew wanted to get one of those tv deals. I can tell you now, the only way you're getting remotely close to that tv is to skip ALL thanksgiving festivities with your family and go wait in line. And I mean EARLY Thursday. Waste of time if you ask me. I only agreed because she was hot :)

Best buy will come through the line and ask you what you want. They will then give you a ticket for that item. That way there is no trampling and.people pushing and shoving to get to the big ticket items.

Best bet it to skip thanksgiving, and go wait in line on Turkey day.

This is the way they used to do it. I had friends that would go, get sales then resell online. One year they bought 3 tvs, and 5 laptops.

I'm too much of a fat kid to skip turkey for a new tv.

It's not a refurb but it is the low end model. Almost guarantee if you're not in the first 10 people at the store for that item it will be gone. Much like the $200 42" they had last year

Cyber Monday deals are pretty much just as good minus the "door buster" deals like the best buy TV, those are a lot less likely

The same people that wait in line to save $200 on a one time purchase are often the same people that spend $150/mo on Starbucks (or fill in the blank with whatever other wasteful spending you want). These are the people that order the Big Mac value meal with a DIET soda.

:nono:

someone I know said they tried to get there at the local store last year at midnight thanksgiving eve....and it had 30+ people already camping out. fuck that.

not worth my time. it would be sweet to get a $800 tv for $400 but I'm not spending 24hrs sitting/standing outside the store

There's a lot of stores opening up at midnight this year. I have a part time job at Polaris Mall and we open at midnight. I have never ever tried to shop on Black Friday. I am def not looking to work it this year. I usually do all my shopping online on Cyber Monday.

most black friday deals the past few years are a complete waste of time if you're shopping for a primary HD TV. The "great deals" are most always very low end models so unless you're buying as a secondary/kids tv don't waste your time and effort you can find similar deals the rest of the year just watching normal sale adds. Most people after those deals are looking at the cost and size not the actual specs(refresh rate, contrast ration, 720p/1080p, amount of inputs available, internet features.. etc) of the tv's.

I buy new towels on black friday - its kinda dumb, but the towels are the big ones and they are usually only $2 or around there.... so much cheaper than buying them at normal price. Usually end up with a new pair of shoes and some clothes at kohl's.... although at last count I had over 80 pairs of shoes, so I should probably stop that tradition.

last year my sister's bf got a pretty great deal on a giant tool chest at sears. He got there like 15 mins before they opened, my sister and I went to get breakfast while he got it, then continued on.