Its perfect!!!

oldschoolsdime92

The fz1 is perfect for me now! It's taken some time and money but its setup is the most comfortable and fun bike I've ridden to date!

Sargent seat

Daytona bars on stock riser

Lsl rearsets

Penske rear, ohlins kit in forks

National cycle touring screen

Magura master cyl with steel braided lines

Stock master cyl on rear with braided lines

IMAG2120.jpg

3228.jpg

Awesome news......glad you found YOUR bike after just owning a few different models. I've loved something about every bike I've owned but nothing I've had has been "perfect" like you're boasting. Maybe someday I'll spend the bucks on suspension upgrades for mine to reach further into perfection :D

Mutt, I can attest to loving somthing about every bike I've owned, but I've never had one that I just felt I could throw my bags on, and leave for cali tomorrow. This is that bike. It handles the commuting and around town with ease, but when touring duty calls, its ready. The triumph was a huge motorcycle for my little guy build, and stop light to stop light and around town, it got old quick. My cbr could only go 100 miles before I needed a fuel stop and it was everything but comfortable.

Sweet! So you are liking the sargent?

Ive been wanting to change out my stock bars for a long time. I guess i have gotten used to them.

The Rizomas i want are too spendy to pull the trigger on when one of the bikes always seems to need something.

I see you added a Penske in the rear and an Ohlins kit. Nothing like a suspension upgrade. I have a Penske and Traxxion Dynamics in my viffer and it still blows me away how good it is even though I've had it a few years.

Your FZ1 is a bike I have always wanted to try as a do-it-all ride. Looks like you have it set up nice.

The Gen. 1 FZ1 is the best all-around bike I've ever owned or ridden. I completely understand your comment about taking off on it anywhere at a moment's notice, and it's good to hear that you're so happy.

Your comments on the suspension have me thinking that I should go that route as well. It's been on my list for a few years now, just haven't gotten around to it.

The brakes and suspension made the motorcycle. Those mods were done when I took ownership of the bike, but compared to previous motorcycles I have owned, those mods alone made the bike.

Agree on the suspension and brakes -- I also trashed the stock brakes on my viffer and converted to RC51 calipers and MC. Doesnt get much sweeter.

:cool:

The Gen. 1 FZ1 is the best all-around bike I've ever owned or ridden. I completely understand your comment about taking off on it anywhere at a moment's notice, and it's good to hear that you're so happy.

Your comments on the suspension have me thinking that I should go that route as well. It's been on my list for a few years now, just haven't gotten around to it.

I used to giggle on the inside about people raving about suspension mods. It won't be the cruise down the street that you notice the immediate difference, it will be breaking hard , coming up to a corner that you notice, along with how stable your bike will be in said corner. After this season, being on a bike that had the work done, and sprung for the correct weight, I eat my giggles, and preach like the rest of them.:bow:

I'm finding myself thinking the same recently. Love me Raider, but man, my Gen1 FZ1 was the do all.

I agree with the keep a level head comment. I use to have a suzuki bandit 1200 that I had made "mine" was very happy with the bike and it's setup after pouring money into it. After a great year of riding, I pushed a little to hard on a late season ride and totaled it out. I still miss that bike. And the new gen fz1 with hard bags is my next bike I want.

Took some digging but found a pic of my post get off bandit.

bikepics-40497-full.jpg

Edited by speedytriple