And so it begins....

RHill

Now that the snow melted off, I started tearing down the "new" to me bike. Nothing major is wrong from the outside(knock on wood). Luckily I still have all the fasteners from my 01, because this bike has random steel shit throughout that needs replaced.

The street trim will be going back on the old bike, and the one in the photo will be the track whore.

yep, and the forks will get switched too. No big deal, didn't even mount the reservoir on the old bike.

I'll probably wait till the first couple track days, then order more springs and respring the street bike as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Worked on the bikes a bit yesterday...switched forks around so now the track bike has the 1.00 springs and the street bike has whatever the other bike came with. The "new" forks are a little beat, not rough, but you can defiantly see wear...hopefully they dont leak. Pulled the clip-ons off the street bike, because the stock bars will be more comfortable....Track bike already has a set of woodcrafts on, so I guess the vortex ones are going in the spares box.

I'm not sure if it is the cold or if a gorilla was the last one to work on the bike, but a lot of the fasteners are way over torqued. One of the caliper bolts stripped out like butter...which caused a little headache removing the forks. Track bike already had steel braided lines on, so I installed the set I bought previously on the street bike.

Ordered a couple sets of levers and a used set of rearsets for spares. Unfortunately I should have paid more attention when buying the rearsets, they said vortex in the description, and look similar, but it turns out they are OSF rearsets after inspecting them closer. No big deal, the ones on the bike (one vortex and one unlabeled) feel great, these will just be spares.

Generators?

Been keeping an eye out for a deal on a generator, the honda/yamaha/hyundai inverter generators are all a little out of my price range, but the a 73531i Champion is a little cheaper. The refurbished units run a little over $400. Reviews say it doesn't have the capacity of the more expensive units and does not handle initial start up loads as well, both shouldn't really be a negative for my usage.

Other option is an open frame generator like This one harbor freight has for sale. Save some money, but then it is larger(transport and storage), louder(longer extension cord and walking back and forth), uses more gas, and parts support probably sucks for it.

Generators?

Been keeping an eye out for a deal on a generator, the honda/yamaha/hyundai inverter generators are all a little out of my price range, but the a 73531i Champion is a little cheaper. The refurbished units run a little over $400. Reviews say it doesn't have the capacity of the more expensive units and does not handle initial start up loads as well, both shouldn't really be a negative for my usage.

Other option is an open frame generator like This one harbor freight has for sale. Save some money, but then it is larger(transport and storage), louder(longer extension cord and walking back and forth), uses more gas, and parts support probably sucks for it.

As I usaully don't use mine during the day, I'm always willing to lend it out to people I know / trust. All I ask for in return is gas and a CD order.

Get the champion 3500W from TSC for 299, wheel kit,and splitter. About 50% of the guys run these, I have one, Craig does, and I know a bunch of others.

They run specials on Amazon for wheel kit genny and splitter for like 350 shipped, and TSC will ahve them for like 279 at times.

I'll have to stop at TSC and take a look if they are in stock. How do you think it would hold up on an opened trailer? I can probably fit an inverter gen in my car, but an open frame would probably have to be tied down on my trailer.

Totalyl fine, I leave mine out for weeks at a time when we are at the dirt track races. And trust me, they get way more wear there then at the track. Run 24/7 for 4-7 days at a time. Mine still looks new actually. Changed the oil once actually, probably should do that more often, but oh well.

3500watt generator should power 2 sets of warmers and a couple accessories fine, right? Most of the time it will just be powering a single set.

Yep, I run 2 warmers and 2 fans all the time on mine. I used a high quality like 4-6 gauge 50 ft extension cord into a surge protector. Then a smaller line to the fans, etc.

Also, note, not all warmers take that many watts and the peak is just to warm them, if you stagger them easily get 3 sets on there and something even a tad smaller.

But yeah, the 4000 peak is key for startups for when all 3 sets are drawing a full load.

I mean unless you are planning to run multiple bikes, just get whatever works for YOU, and others can worry about themselves. We always have plenty of genny's.