New Clevelander

Mc_spirited

I have been waiting to put a introduction in here until I got pic's of my bike, I think it would be wrong without some pictures. So here it goes.

My name is Matt. I live in Cleveland. By Cleveland, I mean actual Cleveland, not the Cleveland-area. I stay on the southside, Near the border with Parma. This is my third riding season, the past two being on my Ninja 250. Had allot of fun on it and learned allot about riding. I bought my 250 with 8200 miles on it, and I have put a bit more than 13,000 miles on it the last two years. I am looking forward to the additional power of the F4i, and the challenge to learn better throttle control.

I bought it with a Micron slip on, it also has a K+N filter. As far as aftermarket goes, that is about it. I have some mods planned for the future, the list being:

1. Turn signals that are visible

2. Scorpio alarm

3. Under tail

4. High mount exhaust

5. Swing arm mounted license plate

6. Solo cowl

Little things I would like to do to increase visibility would be reflective rim stripes, reflective wing shadows, LED passenger peg signals, and LED ram air signals. Comfort mods would be possible bar risers depending on how the positioning effects me and a Corbin seat would be nice. Frame sliders probably should be near the top of my mod list.

My tastes in bikes are mostly of the sportbike variety. I would love to get my hands on a 2 stroke. Old Honda Interceptors and V4's also are nice. I have a thing for smaller displacement bikes, and would love something like a ZXR 250 (Inline 4 250cc 4 stroke). Bandit 400's and Honda CB-1 (400CC Inline 4) also intrest me. I love the naked bikes, and wouldnt mind going more streetfighter-ish with my 250.

As far as newer style larger displacement sportbikes go, I think the Truimph 675 is sex. Ducati's are also nice, but I don't know if I can afford that in my future. I like the look of the larger naked bikes (Honda Hornet and Kaw Z750)

I wouldnt count out the possibility of getting a cruiser though. As far as Harleys go, it would have to be a nice 60-70's style thing, I don't like the newer stuff, unless it would be a V-rod. I like the style of the new Harley hard-baggers that have the side saddlebags that are level with the top of the rear fender and seat. I think it looks nice and streamlined. I like the bobber look, and would never ride something with ape hangers, just not my thing (at this point in my life). Id enjoy an old KZ or CB to go kind of cafe style with.

An enduro/dual sport will also be on my list of gotta-have's. Its just too bad I don't live further south where trails would be more accessible.

No matter what I buy in the future, hopefully the purchase does not include the sale of one of my other bikes. I would love nothing more than to collect bikes for the rest of my life. Bonus points if I could find a nice decently sized garage and live off working on bikes. Id even sleep there, who needs a house with a dining room and basement when ya have a garage full of motorcycles? As long as I have a bed, kitchen and bathroom thats all I'd need to survive. Just a shame we have a winter here in Ohio. I guess I would need a television also to keep my self sedated during the bad weather.

I want to get to the track, and once I get a good amount of time on the F4i I will be able to make a decision if I want to track it, or the 250. I am thinking the 250 just because it would be cheaper, but I know that I am going to want to push the 600 and would rather do it in a track environment.

That is basically what I'm about, working and thinking about bikes if I cant ride one. Who knows though, after a few thousand miles I may decide that the CBR isn't my cup of tea and sell it. I don't know yet. But I am looking forward to using this as a learning experience. I am also looking forward to participating in the forum. So safe riding all, be careful out there.