How do I know my wife loves me?

smashweights

When she let's me get a new Ducati! Though, I have a feeling she'll get her revenge when it comes time to replace her car in about 2 years... Here's a few quick pics as promised!

There's a few odd pieces of protective plastic film on the tank where your legs rub that aren't terribly well applied (bubbles) that I need to remove along with all the stupid "California has ridiculous emissions and noise laws" stickers on the frame. Debating keeping the tank guard or replacing it to show off the stripe more.

54243_10100308835727916_1099610600_o.jpg

178396_10100308835707956_869658173_o.jpg

665477_10100308835712946_557288944_o.jpg

This is what it's like wanting so badly to ride around today but not having plates or registration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plz-bhcHryc

Edited by smashweights
  • Upvote 1

So got off work early and went to the BMV in Centerville only to find their fucking title office closes at 1:30 on Mondays. WTF!? So they tell me to go downtown, so of course I-75 is a fucking disaster as it has been for the past 2 decades, finally get through the title line and they tell me I can't get a title transfer without having the bike inspected since it's an out of state sale. So I gotta go pay $18 to the BMV for temp tags just so I can ride my bike back to the BMV to get real tags? WTF? Well after a waste of an hour and a half trying to get stuff done at the BMV, I finally came away with temp tags around 4pm, raced home, zip tied that fucker on (cause i didn't have time to find screws) and took off for an hour and a half. Verdict?

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS THING! Just what I hoped it would be: comfortable, powerful, maneuverable, quick, fun, etc. It roars, it growls, it pops, it shudders, it backfires, it vibrates. It feels like a machine. It seems like it's always ready to take off regardless of where in the RPM range it's sitting. On cool nights like tonight, it's actually kinda nice to have that "heater" of an engine warm my legs up at stop lights. Got home and no part of me hurt, which seemed weird. I think I'm gonna keep this one.

Edited by smashweights