RE: Officer Mick XXXXXX

Bitani

So, for anybody that read my past post.

I just got back from court.

Walked in, sat down, felt like an eternity before the judge came in.

She went through like 5 people before me and basically marked everything down to an equipment violation; even people who were driving under a suspended license.

I got up, went up, and explained my story. She basically said because of my record she was going to give no charge, no points, and just court costs. I about danced out of the courtroom.

As I'm sitting waiting for the processor lady to come out so I can pay court costs, processor lady comes out. But, instead of paying the fees, she sends me back into the courtroom. The judge had forgotten to address my "B" violation; the "approaching a public safety vehicle dangerously" charge.

I go back up to the mic, and Miss Judge is confused. We go back and forth about the charge, she doesn't seem to understand and basically says "Oh well. It's your lucky day. I'm dismissing this one too."

SO I just got out of 2 citations for a net total of ZERO fines, ZERO points with only court costs ($120) to boot.

:ky:

Lucky. I only got out of a ticket once, and it's because they lost my paperwork. I sat in that courtroom until I was the only one left and someone finally asked, "What are you here for?"

Another time I went and begged for no points on a bullshit shortcutting ticket. I picked the highest fine on the list and volunteered to pay a $400 handicap parking ticket. The bitch gave me two points and fined me $1.

Haha, thanks guys. Yeah, I'm one damn happy camper right now.

damn!!! I'm jealous. I just went today also, but wasn't as lucky. But, lucky considering what I was going for. lol. I took the plea.

Well, any amount of luck is good luck. :p

Now I'm considering transferring over my insurance to my mom. The bike is in her name, and I think it'd be a helluva lot cheaper for a 43-year-old woman with a clean record than for an 18-year-old guy. (Though does she need a motorcycle endorsement?)

I have never understood how you can be found innocent and still owe court costs. What is to stop a revenue generation spree where they write stupid tickets and we are all happy to get out of them with no fine/record and still having to pay to prove our innocence?

I have never understood how you can be found innocent and still owe court costs. What is to stop a revenue generation spree where they write stupid tickets and we are all happy to get out of them with no fine/record and still having to pay to prove our innocence?

Eh, well it's not like people are happy about it. It's that it could be a hell of a lot worse.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Now I'm considering transferring over my insurance to my mom. The bike is in her name, and I think it'd be a helluva lot cheaper for a 43-year-old woman with a clean record than for an 18-year-old guy. (Though does she need a motorcycle endorsement?)

You have to have auto insurance and if you ever got pulled over you are borrowing your mom's bike

You have to have auto insurance and if you ever got pulled over you are borrowing your mom's bike

Well, I'm under her car/van insurance already. The bike is in her name, as well. (I wasn't 18 at the time I bought the bike, so we thought that was the safest bet.)

Would there be any problems if I were pulled over?

As it stands, if we were to put the insurance under her name with collision AND comprehensive it would be the same price as me with absolute minimum coverage.