2013 Frank Covucci Motorcycle Tours Plans and Dates

Casper

Frank Covucci was the tours director at the AMA. He now does his own thing. Figured I'd pass this along incase anyone might be interested. Be sure to let him know you heard about it here. Frank is good people.

2013 Frank Covucci Motorcycle Tours Plans and Dates

Hello to all of my Riding Friends:

I hope this message finds you happy and well, and that 2012 provided some great motorcycling adventures for you!

This is a quick note to let you know the 2013 plans and dates for Frank Covucci Motorcycle Tours. We will be running two (2) U.S. tours; one in the west and one in the east, as follows:

THE ROCKIES & CANYONS MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITION - Saturday, July 6th through Wednesday, July 17th. This tour combines the very best of Rockies and the southwestern U.S. canyon country. We've run tours for years in these regions, and this one is truly extraordinary because of the destinations it includes. The trip starts and ends in Grand Junction, CO, and covers: Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Arches, Capitol Reef, Independence Pass, Million Dollar Highway, Aspen, Ouray and so much more. The scenery on this tour has no equal anywhere on earth!

THE ROADRUNNER APPALACHIAN AUTUMN TOUR (presented by Frank Covucci) - Saturday, October 5th through Monday, October 14th. This year we are teaming up with our friends at RoadRUNNER Magazine to offer what is always an extremely popular autumn trip, year after year. If your thing is twisty mountain roads combined with amazing fall foliage and beautiful accommodations, this ride is for you! In fact, it has become a regular, annual getaway for many riders. The tour starts and ends in historic Shepherdstown, WV, and includes: The Blue Ridge Parkway, The Great Smoky Mountains, Deals Gap, The Cherohala Skyway, Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive, historic venues, endless scenic mountain byways, and on and on...

Final pricing for these tours is almost completed. Full details with prices, itinerary, payment dates and more will be emailed to you shortly. We ARE accepting deposits as of now. The deposit amount for each tour is $500 per person. Deposits are FULLY REFUNDABLE through March 6th for the Rockies & Canyons tour, and through June 5th for the RoadRUNNER Appalachian Autumn tour. To place a deposit, please mail your check or money order to: FRANK COVUCCI TOURS, 13705 NANTUCKET AVE., PICKERINGTON, OH 43147. Reservations are first come, first served, and spaces on each tour are limited.

Since October 2009 when FC Tours began, we've run a total of seven (7) tours with full groups of between 20 and 30 participants on each trip. We hope you'll reach for your calendar now, block off the above dates, and include yourself with our groups in 2013.

Please note that if you are seriously considering taking one (or both) of these trips, kindly send me a quick e-mail response(frank@fcmototours.com) or give me a call at: (740) 927-8852, so I can anticipate the size of our 2013 groups. And feel free to share this information with any of your friends who are experienced, long-distance touring enthusiasts. Or provide me with their contact information and I will include them on future correspondences.

Our website is: www.fcmototours.com but please be advised that it is currently in the process of being updated with the 2013 tour dates and prices. As of today, it still lists the 2012 dates and prices. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about our tours, or if you wish to speak with anyone who has been a tour member with us.

I do hope you'll join us on a motorcycling adventure of a lifetime in 2013. Have a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving holiday.

Ride Well! -- Frank Covucci

FCMoto, Ltd.

I do basically the same trip as Frank does through the Rockies and canyons twice each summer....see some of my ride reports posted here.

$4500 isn't all that bad of a deal. I do it for about $1,500 less, but I know where I'm going already, where the good hotels are, what to see, etc. The $2,500 per person when doing it two up is a great deal. I usually spend about $2,000-$3,000 total for all fuel, room and food.

Anyone that wants to tag along with us sometime is welcome.

What kind of mileage is one of these trips?

If you ride the entire way, it'll be close to 5,000 miles. Just getting to Denver from Columbus is about 1,300 miles, so that'd be 2,600 miles (there and back) before you even get to the good stuff.

Trailering to Denver is an option I tried a couple of times. Didn't really save anything timewise or in terms of money though, so I prefer to ride the entire trip. You can change up the routes easier that way as well since you don't have return to your trailer / truck.