what Solvent/cleaners

ScubaCinci

Hopps, just what I have always used since my dad started showing me how to clean guns.

Along the same lines, the first time I was ever faced with cleaning a gun I got a Hoppes kit from Walmart (did I ever mention I phucking love Walmart) and that is all I have ever used since. Satisfied with the results, but sometimes I wonder if it would be easier to just blast stuff away with carb cleaner. One reason I like the Hoppes solvent is it seems to have some corrosion-preventative properties itself, so once I clean something with it I don't feel the need to oil it down right away. The Hoppes solvent did seem to affect the paint on some US-made parts of my AK (purple came off on the patches).

Got the frog lube kit in today. Proceeded to clean my Sig thoroughly and apply the paste (after heating parts with heat gun). I must say, it feels weird, almost wrong, for the parts to be dry. Love the smell.

With the kit, I recieved a single G-Tip pointed cotton swab. Does anyone use these or something else? I generally have been using regulat cotton swabs but these are pretty nice.

It still lubes the rails people. You do it with the gun warm, as it cools it pulls the lube in. When you shoot the gun warms back up and the lube come back to the surface. Frog Lube is used on the whole weapon not just the metal.

I've personally used it on all of my guns that I regularly shoot and you can without doubt tell the difference, and on my .22 pistols its a night and day difference.

I'm not saying Froglube isn't good, but if you read reports on Sig Forum, you still want grease on the rails, just as an fyi.

It appears to me on the sig forum there are 2 schools of thought (of course) - some ppl swear by it and others are skeptical. I havent read where someone said it ruined their gun and supposedly Sig reps recommend using FL. The instructions spedicially say not to mix FL with grease/oil...they don't mix well.

Yes, you mix nothing with Frog Lube.

If you use Frog Lube then you use nothing else, the use of other solvents and such break down the residual effect of the Lube. If you wish to use other stuff, great, but then don't waste your money of FL because you defeat the purpose.

It really does work, there really is no other lube needed.

With the kit, I recieved a single G-Tip pointed cotton swab. Does anyone use these or something else? I generally have been using regular cotton swabs but these are pretty nice.

Today I headed to the store and arrived before it opened so I went into the Hobby Lobby next door just to see if they had anything worth looking at. In the aisle with models and model paint, they had sharpened cotton swabs of varying sizes for $4.49 per 50 pack. This will work nicely for cleaning!

Today I headed to the store and arrived before it opened so I went into the Hobby Lobby next door just to see if they had anything worth looking at. In the aisle with models and model paint, they had sharpened cotton swabs of varying sizes for $4.49 per 50 pack. This will work nicely for cleaning!

I've been looking for lint free q tips. No luck.

NoBama 2012