Major need of help.....

Reimbrandt

I've got m12 castle nut, jam and nyloc here if you need. M10 stuff is slim pick'ns. I will throw them in a bag if Helmutt has no luck at work I will leave them in the car. Stop by work and work and grab them on your way through.

Im one block north of kiamys..... Corner of greene n new. Best bring some tools cause what i have is at the shop. Do i go to honda in troy to get a new nut n washer? Cant fragn beleive this happened....... Never let a "friend" work on our bike

Got some hardware that should work fine, tools are in the truck, should be closer to 530pm before I get there. BUT......there would be 4 homes to choose from at an intersection, so which one would be yours sir?

• Upvote 1

The shock nuts are a good idea, but if that ever happens again and you can't get a replacement, cannibalizing the shock nut to use on the engine mount is relatively safe.

Your weight is on the shock bolt. It's not going anywhere while you're riding. In fact I have to use a lever to lift the rear wheel and compress the shock to remove them. You're talking hundreds of pounds of tension.

In a pinch, that is one to go without. On the linkage I mean. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what fell off. Regardless, glad you're back on the road.

The rearmost lower engine mount bolt's nut was missing and had backed out several inches. The lower shock linkage bolt's nut was missing. And then last night OldSchool and I found that the swingarm pivot bolt/nut were only finger snug, some of the sprocket nuts were far from spec torque, the rear axle nut was maybe 20lbs at the most, the turn signals do not work anymore ( possibly relay, but we're thinking a wiring/ground issue ) and the chain has quite a few kinked links in it. The hack that put his bike back together ( before he took into a real shop ) surely put it to him, so here soon when he tears the bodywork down for paintwork touchup - OldSchool and I will make a list of all that it needs and be able to chase wiring a lot easier without the fairings in the way.

Jim, you were lucky bro.....so glad that swingarm pivot didnt come apart. Could've been wicked bad stuff happen to ya. We'll get ya fixed up