DIY Saturday afternoon seat upgrade.

JackFlash

I had a gel seat on my zx14 they aren't all they are cracked up to be memory foam is much more comfortable and temp doesn't change the feel. The gel changes with the temp real hot days it was hot and squishy and on cold days it was ice cold and almost rock hard.

...a gel seat... aren't all they are cracked up to be...The gel changes with the temp real hot days it was hot and squishy and on cold days it was ice cold and almost rock hard.

Hmmm......Sounds good for a fair weather seat only. Memory foam, huh?

Thanks for the heads up. Still learning here.

All of you are nailing it. Gel by itself is not so great. It's combo's, and gel with the right foam over it is a great combo. And yes my sheepskin covered seat looks ridiculous but dang is it comfy. 700 miles a day no problem.

Best seat I owned was a Russell Day-Long on my FJR. It was an expensive SOB, butt the trips were far more enjoyable. I have a Sargent on my VFR and a Corbin on the CBR, they are much better than stock on longer rides. As others said, gel by itself is terrible (at least for me).