which sight

speedytriple

How accurate is the 2moa at distence? Does the dot cover a lot of the target?

The accuracy is all in how you use the optic, its no less accurate than a 1moa dot. You could sight it in such that the top of the dot is your poa/poi, and use it kinda like a front sight in a 6 or sub 6 hold for more "precision" or slowfire work. For quick and dirty, center of the dot.

At 50 yards, it'll cover 1" of the target ,at 100 yards, 2", at 200, 4" etc...

Also, Eotech makes an EXPS3-4 I believe (could be wrong on model #). It has multiple dots, the typical one directly in the middle for 0-200y, then a dot for 300,400,500y or something to that affect. If you are planning to use it past 200 yards, you have built in hold overs.

Edited by walther_gsp

I have my dot sighted in at 36 yards. With out getting into crazy bullet and ballistic speak its zeroed at 300 also. For my gun, and the purpose I built it, the shorter end of the 36-300 is all I'm using it for. I'm not going to be using it for more than 150 most likely. If there is something out there further that needs shot at I have other guns for that.

Here's a related question, what about co-witnessing with your fixed/flip up sights? Would this change anyone's selection on optics?

Mounts yes, optics most likely no. You can co-witness most stuff out there. It just depends on where in your FOV do you want the co-witness. The Eotech model I have is 7mm taller to push the co-witness into the lower third of the optic FOV. You can use different mounts to accomplish the same thing with an aimpoint, or std height eotech.

I see...I have a borrowed MBUS front side and I had an old Simmons red dot that I mounted up for shits and giggle. The front sight is taller than the dot is when centered when co-witnessing and no the post isn't adjust way high. Kind of why I asked my question.

I see...I have a borrowed MBUS front side and I had an old Simmons red dot that I mounted up for shits and giggle. The front sight is taller than the dot is when centered when co-witnessing and no the post isn't adjust way high. Kind of why I asked my question.

Riser mount

Do you want something with variable?

I have no experience with what's mentioned above or what you're looking at.

Maybe take a look at the Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T.

I'm using a Burris MTac 1-4 on my AR now and want to get the Burris XTR. I'm more than happy with my MTac and the glass clarity but the XTR offers a better reticle IMO and is a more sturdy built optic.

Also, I think the Aimpoint PRO would be worth looking at as well. I've heard nothing but great reviews about them and they can be had for 400.