For sale or trade 2009 GSXR 1000 with body damage

BikerBoy

I am looking to sell the bike , currently have almost 1300 miles.
black with body damage, cosmetic only , can be fixed or replaced , not bad .

looking to get around 7500 for the bike .
Thanks

Pics are in my last post on here , just took these ones on sunday may 31st 2014
I am looking to do this by the end of the year if possible.

Edited by BikerBoy

BB: Not trying to sh-t in your thread here, but I think the lack of real interest in your bike is THE PRICE! Sorry....didn't mean to yell. What you've got is a wrecked bike that would likely be close to a total in terms of insurance, and yet you're asking pretty close to low retail according to KBB and NADA, which would be 1) not wrecked; 2) from a dealer with maybe more miles than yours; and 3) maybe some light cosmetic issues like scratches or weather-fade from outdoor storage. Wrecked bikes are a dime-a-dozen and cheaper than Twinkies this time of year.

My guess is that your bike would sell for $5000 (assuming you're correct about having merely plastic damage and no structural issues), but your gonna need to find a sucker to pay anywhere close to your $7500 asking price....the fact that number is what you need to clear out your loan is no one's problem but your own. Not trying to hurt your feelings, just being honest.

Edited by Bubba

My guess is that your bike would sell for $5000 (assuming you're correct about having merely plastic damage and no structural issues), but your gonna need to find a sucker to pay anywhere close to your $7500 asking price....

09 w/1300mi? I'd give him $5k right now and I'm not even in the market. I do not think $7500 is out of line for the latest generation GSXR1000 with low mileage and cosmetic damage when it retailed at $13k.

09 w/1300mi? I'd give him $5k right now and I'm not even in the market.

Ummm, isn't that what I just I said? :wtf: $5000 would sell it. Didn't say it WASN'T a killer price...but $7500 for a 4 year old wrecked GSXR isn't MY cup o' tea.

I do not think $7500 is out of line for the latest generation GSXR1000 with low mileage and cosmetic damage when it retailed at $13k.

I believe this offer puts you at the head of the line. Get out yer wallet. [EDIT--Not sayin' yer a sucker.]

Thanks a lot , i've paid 12500 for it out of door,i can replace plastics , get new 2 seats, headlights blinkers and tail light for 1500 and might even get the exhaust thrown in too , i know a guy who bought a 2012 and is setting the bike for track, for 5000 i don't think i'd ever sell the bike " not this year anyway " .

I am more looking for a trade that to sell it to be honest, i am shipping a bike to Jordan , but according to their laws it has to be 2011 or newer and they might not let a super sport bike in " i am still checking into that " .

other than that i would never sell this bike.

i've paid 12500 for it out of door.

It is now a used bike & wrecked bike, you lost 30% just by riding it off the dealer lot maybe another 30% by wrecking it. Just sayin. I think $5k is fair for a fast sell and $6k if you wanna wait for the right buyer and sit on it for a while.

opinions are like "u kno whats" so here goes mine...

You have a legit $1000 in parts needed, before replacing that engine cover. so lets say $1200 to be fair with shipping and such. easy replacements but everybody's not a mechanic, so another $300 in labor. by my count thats 1500 plus my time to deal with shipments and a shops schedule.

majority of the market would want atleast another 1500 from retail to even consider the aggrevation. and theres no extras to make it more marketable than the retail price. IMO the only ppl that pay retail for a used bike are newbs spending their tax refund check in February, so I agree with 2tall on another discount but maybe only 1000-1500

so from these stats

(kbb-8955, NADA-10400)

4455-5900 would be fair price or trade value.

Sounds like a sad story with no insurance on the bike. Any insurance company would have totaled that bike and gave you the option to keep it for 500 off your settlement. Most damaged bikes on the market are from that scenario and people parts with them for pennies.

Also in todays market, cash customers are gonna tap out around 6500. Anyone with that kind of money will just buy a bike with no work needed or put that money down on something fresh off the lot.

Me personally I would top out at $4k GLWS(T)

Thanks a lot , i've paid 12500 for it out of door,i can replace plastics , get new 2 seats, headlights blinkers and tail light for 1500 and might even get the exhaust thrown in too.

Sorry, dude. I really wasn't trying to shit on yer parade. I was trying to nudge you a little more toward the reality of today's used/wrecked bike market. You might be better served by fixing it yourself and making it look pretty before you try to sell it.

...other than that i would never sell this bike.

And this may be your best option. You obviously like the bike, so keeping it for when you get back is a good idea. Put some Stabil in the gas tank, pull the battery out, and find yourself a secure climate-controlled storage area. It'll still be a fun ride when you return home!

I thought the same last night and looked at it as a possible track bike. But, i thought the standard procedure was the keep quiet about bad pricing and move on.

Problem with Japanese bikes is that they are a dime a dozen and nothing really special. Combine that with everyone gee-gawing at the new techno electro assisted bikes (BMW, Kawi, Pungale) and the market gets really soft for these.

IMO, fix it, ride it and enjoy it.

I thought the same last night and looked at it as a possible track bike. But, i thought the standard procedure was the keep quiet about bad pricing and move on.

Problem with Japanese bikes is that they are a dime a dozen and nothing really special. Combine that with everyone gee-gawing at the new techno electro assisted bikes (BMW, Kawi, Pungale) and the market gets really soft for these.

IMO, fix it, ride it and enjoy it.

Lol what is a PUNGALE? :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just in case someone is interested in buying this bike, i just paid it off yesterday and waiting for the title to come to me , still has under 2k miles on it, rode it a couple of times since i am back , if by any chance some one is interested please contact me here or at 330-310-8752 i am in here for another week or so .

asking price is 7k or best offer.