Gun control, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent2406

Interesting statistics for you all... I don't think guns are the problem here...

Eric Harris age 17 (first on Zoloft then Luvox) and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Colombine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado), killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves. Klebold’s medical records have never been made available to the public.

Jeff Weise, age 16, had been prescribed 60 mg/day of Prozac (three times the average starting dose for adults!) when he shot his grandfather, his grandfather’s girlfriend and many fellow students at Red Lake, Minnesota. He then shot himself. 10 dead, 12 wounded.

Cory Baadsgaard, age 16, Wahluke (Washington state) High School, was on Paxil (which caused him to have hallucinations) when he took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates hostage. He has no memory of the event.

Chris Fetters, age 13, killed his favorite aunt while taking Prozac.

Christopher Pittman, age 12, murdered both his grandparents while taking Zoloft.

Mathew Miller, age 13, hung himself in his bedroom closet after taking Zoloft for 6 days.

Jarred Viktor, age 15, stabbed his grandmother 61 times after 5 days on Paxil.

Kip Kinkel, age 15, (on Prozac and Ritalin) shot his parents while they slept then went to school and opened fire killing 2 classmates and injuring 22 shortly after beginning Prozac treatment.

Luke Woodham, age 16 (Prozac) killed his mother and then killed two students, wounding six others.

A boy in Pocatello, ID (Zoloft) in 1998 had a Zoloft-induced seizure that caused an armed stand off at his school.

Michael Carneal (Ritalin), age 14, opened fire on students at a high school prayer meeting in West Paducah, Kentucky. Three teenagers were killed, five others were wounded..

A young man in Huntsville, Alabama (Ritalin) went psychotic chopping up his parents with an ax and also killing one sibling and almost murdering another.

Andrew Golden, age 11, (Ritalin) and Mitchell Johnson, aged 14, (Ritalin) shot 15 people, killing four students, one teacher, and wounding 10 others.

TJ Solomon, age 15, (Ritalin) high school student in Conyers, Georgia opened fire on and wounded six of his class mates.

Rod Mathews, age 14, (Ritalin) beat a classmate to death with a bat.

James Wilson, age 19, (various psychiatric drugs) from Breenwood, South Carolina, took a .22 caliber revolver into an elementary school killing two young girls, and wounding seven other children and two teachers.

Elizabeth Bush, age 13, (Paxil) was responsible for a school shooting in Pennsylvania

Jason Hoffman (Effexor and Celexa) – school shooting in El Cajon, California

Jarred Viktor, age 15, (Paxil), after five days on Paxil he stabbed his grandmother 61 times.

Chris Shanahan, age 15 (Paxil) in Rigby, ID who out of the blue killed a woman.

Jeff Franklin (Prozac and Ritalin), Huntsville, AL, killed his parents as they came home from work using a sledge hammer, hatchet, butcher knife and mechanic’s file, then attacked his younger brothers and sister.

Neal Furrow (Prozac) in LA Jewish school shooting reported to have been court-ordered to be on Prozac along with several other medications.

Kevin Rider, age 14, was withdrawing from Prozac when he died from a gunshot wound to his head. Initially it was ruled a suicide, but two years later, the investigation into his death was opened as a possible homicide. The prime suspect, also age 14, had been taking Zoloft and other SSRI antidepressants.

Alex Kim, age 13, hung himself shortly after his Lexapro prescription had been doubled.

Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.

Billy Willkomm, an accomplished wrestler and a University of Florida student, was prescribed Prozac at the age of 17. His family found him dead of suicide – hanging from a tall ladder at the family’s Gulf Shore Boulevard home in July 2002.

Alex, You are completely right. Most of those are anti-depressants. There are a very very high percentage of Americans that are on Anti-depressants. Most of them probably shouldnt be. They were probably misdiagnosed by a doctor who doesnt do his job correctly. I'm not afraid to say that I myself am on anti-depressants. When on higher doses, If you skip a dosage for 2 or more days, you literally feel like you are going crazy. I think more should be done about the medications, kids are taking.

Mental health issues need to be better addressed and how about some parenting classes for God's sake.

Exactly!

As far as all the antidepressant drugs, I feel they're too easily prescribed, but with that being said, I'm not yet convinced they are the cause. Is blaming the drugs, any different than blaming the guns? We definitely need to look into the mental health issues.

Exactly!

As far as all the antidepressant drugs, I feel they're too easily prescribed, but with that being said, I'm not yet convinced they are the cause. Is blaming the drugs, any different than blaming the guns? We definitely need to look into the mental health issues.

He isnt blaming the drugs, he's blaming how they are prescribed which goes back to...wait for it.....blaming people!

Alex, You are completely right. Most of those are anti-depressants. There are a very very high percentage of Americans that are on Anti-depressants. Most of them probably shouldnt be. They were probably misdiagnosed by a doctor who doesnt do his job correctly. I'm not afraid to say that I myself am on anti-depressants. When on higher doses, If you skip a dosage for 2 or more days, you literally feel like you are going crazy. I think more should be done about the medications, kids are taking.

I think you are exactly right.

I had a Doctors appointment the day after I ended a 5 year relationship. The doctor asked me how I was feeling (mentally) and I told her I was feeling a little upset because I had just ended a 5 year relationship.

She prescribed me anti-depressants right then. I told her I didn't need them and I'm pretty sure it's normal to be a little upset after ending a long relationship. She insisted I take them and had them sent to my pharmacy. I picked them up along with my Asthma medication and when I got home I threw them in the trash. I never took a single one. I hate taking medications and it almost hurt my pride that I was even prescribed an anti-depressant. I'm a very confident person naturally and I was just down a bit. Not a week later I was perfectly fine. No moping around and in fact I felt much better than I did the last 3 years of the relationship. Shit happens, we deal with it and move on. These doctors over prescribe these medications that can have a profound effect on someone mentally.

And now I'm constantly getting mail from my insurance company telling me I need to take these anti-depressants I was prescribed 3 years ago. This is all for profit garbage. I've never considered myself depressed and I'm rarely even upset. I'm one happy dude. I wish they would stop sending me mail.

• Upvote 1

Lets ban all stupid careless and mentally unstable people!!!!!!!!

I'm all for that!!!!!!

I think you are exactly right.

I had a Doctors appointment the day after I ended a 5 year relationship. The doctor asked me how I was feeling (mentally) and I told her I was feeling a little upset because I had just ended a 5 year relationship.

She prescribed me anti-depressants right then. I told her I didn't need them and I'm pretty sure it's normal to be a little upset after ending a long relationship. She insisted I take them and had them sent to my pharmacy. I picked them up along with my Asthma medication and when I got home I threw them in the trash. I never took a single one. I hate taking medications and it almost hurt my pride that I was even prescribed an anti-depressant. I'm a very confident person naturally and I was just down a bit. Not a week later I was perfectly fine. No moping around and in fact I felt much better than I did the last 3 years of the relationship. Shit happens, we deal with it and move on. These doctors over prescribe these medications that can have a profound effect on someone mentally.

And now I'm constantly getting mail from my insurance company telling me I need to take these anti-depressants I was prescribed 3 years ago. This is all for profit garbage. I've never considered myself depressed and I'm rarely even upset. I'm one happy dude. I wish they would stop sending me mail.

exactly, that person didnt get to know you at all before saying, hey take these drugs and get better. I wish I could go off mine. I hate them but I know what happens when I dont take them, I feel like i'm going crazy. So I have no choice for right now but to take them until I can slowly ween off of them which I really hope is sooner rather than later.

He isnt blaming the drugs, he's blaming how they are prescribed which goes back to...wait for it.....blaming people!

That was in reference to post #6. All those people on that list probably already had mental issues before the drug prescriptions, hense, why they were prescribed. The list is written in a way that makes it look like it's the drugs that caused them to do whatever it was they did.

That was in reference to post #6. All those people on that list probably already had mental issues before the drug prescriptions, hense, why they were prescribed. The list is written in a way that makes it look like it's the drugs that caused them to do whatever it was they did.

Well that depends on how you read it. I see it as it showing that yes there was something wrong with them. However, they just werent prescribed the right meds.

I'm not so sure that it was the drugs that caused it but prescribing it to young men and boys with developing brains doesn't help. It's a pattern that needs more research. The last statistic I saw on this was that 90% of anti-depressants in the world are prescribed to Americans. I think doctors and drug companies are over prescribing purely for profits.

Then there's the drugs you take (or took) that aren't prescribed. No, not pot or alcohol...the drugs that are given to the livestock that you later consume. There was a time (not sure if true anymore) that anti-depressants and other meds were given to cattle and other livestock to keep them calm and compliant and reduce the risk of injury to the workers who handle them.

They still do feed them antibiotics and hormones (varies from sources) and some people are very senstive to these and it causes all kinds of problems from acne, to ADD to GI problems.