Gun control, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent2406

What are they going to say? I needed it for a robbery? Just playing devils advocate.

The mere fact a felon tried to buy a gun is a crime in and of itself. If he admits to trying a buy a gun and lying on the NICS form there's a few crimes he could be charged with.

I was just thinking, and now I'm curious what others think.

Do you suppose there could ever be another situation in this country, that would actually bring on another civil war?

I'm not talking about a small percentage of individuals who are rebelious. I mean a full on, across the country war.

And since guns are the hot topic of late, let's use it as the example for the cause.

Hypothetically, if the government was seriously motivated, and ever got to the point where they wanted to remove the 2nd amendment, could there and would there be enough people to stand up and fight it?

Do you think enough people could set aside their lives and way of living, or worse yet, willing to lose their lives, to put forth the effort needed to prevent such a thing from happening?

I honestly don't believe there would be. Currently, I think the government could get rid of the 2nd amendment if it really wanted to, cause people have gotten so accustomed to the life style that is offered, and the easy way of life we have. We're not hardened like people were in the 1800's or before, and I'm not sure people would have the courage to stand up. I would sure like to hope I'm wrong.

Do you suppose there could ever be another situation in this country, that would actually bring on another civil war?

I'm not talking about a small percentage of individuals who are rebelious. I mean a full on, across the country war.

And since guns are the hot topic of late, let's use it as the example for the cause.

Hypothetically, if the government was seriously motivated, and ever got to the point where they wanted to remove the 2nd amendment, could there and would there be enough people to stand up and fight it?

Do you think enough people could set aside their lives and way of living, or worse yet, willing to lose their lives, to put forth the effort needed to prevent such a thing from happening?

I honestly don't believe there would be. Currently, I think the government could get rid of the 2nd amendment if it really wanted to, cause people have gotten so accustomed to the life style that is offered, and the easy way of life we have. We're not hardened like people were in the 1800's or before, and I'm not sure people would have the courage to stand up. I would sure like to hope I'm wrong.

I'd oppose an all out ban on guns.... just as I'd oppose an all out ban on religion...

A civil war? Doubtful. A revolutionary war? Maybe. When enough of the population has nothing to lose, revolution is ripe. I think we are a long way off from that unless substantial changes are implemented.

Yes, it would be all out war but it wouldn't be a civil war it would be revolution. And I think most of the military would be on our side.

Incrementation, frog boiling slowly, all that jazz. No civil war, just a nice slow erosion of the fabric of the nation.

Yep. It started nearly 100 years ago, and the water is getting warmer. They'll push for an all out ban on assault rifles and semi auto pistols, and both sides will claim victory when we end up just losing hi cap mags. Then this will happen again, but the guy will have to reload three times as many times, so it takes an extra 20 seconds to accomplish the same thing. Then, they'll turn the heat up another notch. It may take another 100 years, but they'll end up with guns being illegal. :mad:

Why?
Every time you buy an assault rifle' date=' Magz kills a kitten.[/quote']

^^this :lol:

I've wanted one for awhile for taking to the range, etc but haven't really had a good place to take it but there's a new range by where I'm moving where I can shoot it. Plus, it's seems more and more likely they'll be banned so I may only have this window of opportunity.

Time to buy me an AR

No, last week was the time to buy an AR. Unless you have a great connection who can find you something still in stock and sell it for only a slightly inflated price, you are just going to get royally screwed. :mad:

I'm sitting here now in nervous anticipation of if my order for additional mags went through last Friday. They said 2-4 days to pull and ship. I was really hoping to get a tracking number today.

^^this :lol:

I've wanted one for awhile for taking to the range, etc but haven't really had a good place to take it but there's a new range by where I'm moving where I can shoot it. Plus, it's seems more and more likely they'll be banned so I may only have this window of opportunity.

What range is this?

Point Blank...they have a rifle range and a guy I know at work who first told me about it said you can shoot AR's and similar there. Their site doesn't say specifically though so I'm gonna stop by this weekend and see.

**EDIT** now that I look, this what their site says in the fine print - "Rifle range can accommodate up to .308 everyday! Big Boom Night, Wednesdays 7-9pm, every caliber is welcome except 50BMG or armor piercing ammo"

No, last week was the time to buy an AR. Unless you have a great connection who can find you something still in stock and sell it for only a slightly inflated price, you are just going to get royally screwed. :mad:

I have a friend in STL who's dad owns a gun shop. He said he can get me parts etc for good prices so we'll see. I need to research what to get though. Edited by ScubaCinci

Point Blank...they have a rifle range and a guy I know at work who first told me about it said you can shoot AR's and similar there. Their site doesn't say specifically though so I'm gonna stop by this weekend and see.

**EDIT** now that I look, this what their site says in the fine print - "Rifle range can accommodate up to .308 everyday! Big Boom Night, Wednesdays 7-9pm, every caliber is welcome except 50BMG or armor piercing ammo"

I have a friend in STL who's dad owns a gun shop. He said he can get me parts etc for good prices so we'll see. I need to research what to get though.

Crap. I drove right by there twice today. I should have stopped in. 25 yard would be pretty boring with a rifle. Buy something then go bug that swingset guy at his house. :D

I'm spoiled in that I have a place to shoot two minutes from my house. I'll be sighting in a new AR after the holiday. Santa is bringing my boy his own m4v5. I'm tired of sharing with him. :p

Where do you shoot?

Out my bedroom window. The wife gets mad when she finds casings laying in the bathroom though. :D

Pistols/.22 here at home. Big guns at my in laws down the street. Other than on thanksgiving when the whole family is there, I have to time it to make sure they are willing to put up with it, the farmers aren't working the field, and no one is hunting in the woods in the back. When all that works out, I have my own personal 1200 yard range. ;)

I am not bustin' balls. I was just curious to his reason. I am all for people buying fully-automatic' date=' 11ty billion round magazine rifles. I am 100% in the tank for "Shall. Not. Be. Infringed."

So.. lighten up. :dunno:[/quote']

I wasn't heavy.

BTW, anyone looking for AR's Buckeye Outdoors still have plenty in stock. Get there early, take a number, go to lunch, come back and you'll still be waiting...but they have 'em.

CDNN has Sig 556's on sale right now, if you want something different.

Bud's Guns still has quite a few models in stock, too.

Thinking of waiting a little longer to get another AR, like late Jan/early Feb. I think by then some normality will be back in the US gun sales, IF there are any left to buy lol. Guess waiting wouldn't be bad since I have 1, but don't wanna pay some jacked up price.

Wonder what this will do to gun show prices in Jan/Feb?? Thoughts?

I've picked up 3 AR's in the last 3 weeks (not all for me though... :( ). I was talking to a guy at FFF in Middleburg Heights and he said that they will be placing a large order for guns from their distributor very soon and they should have stock in just about everything in the Jan/Feb. time frame.

I've picked up 3 AR's in the last 3 weeks (not all for me though... :( ). I was talking to a guy at FFF in Middleburg Heights and he said that they will be placing a large order for guns from their distributor very soon and they should have stock in just about everything in the Jan/Feb. time frame.

Actually, I believe on the background and sales form they "are all being purchased for you", so if I was you I would just keep them all, no one else needs nice toys, well unless you wanted to donate one to me. I need another.