Gun control, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kent2406

Am I the only one here who thinks its a huge coincidence that Adam Lanza's father and James Holmes's father were both scheduled to testify at the Libor credit hearings.

apparently mike thinks it's some sort of government conspiracy....

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=101210

They still do feed them antibiotics and hormones (varies from sources) and some people are very senstive to these and it causes all kinds of problems from acne, to ADD to GI problems.

The only GI problems I have is when I eat one of Bad's so called burritos.

:(

There will be no gun control laws. They will just make it cost prohibitive to buy/own/license/shoot so the average Joe can't afford it. You heard it here first.

I'm expecting no gun control, but magazine limits implemented. Of course, the 18 bazillion mags currently out there means it won't do a single thing. Then the next time a whacko does something similar, they will have to take it up a notch and implement bullet buttons, or once again go after the guns themselves.

I went fro lunch with a group of work colleagues one time. We were talking about the prevalence of antidepressants and how doctors give them out like like tic-tacs. During that conversation I found out I was the only one at the table, out of 6, who was not taking paxil or zoloft.

I don't take mood meds, never have. I deal with my crap with a nice tall glass of quitcherbichin'.

• Upvote 1

Times are changing at some point in time the people of this country will vote to outlaw all firearms. At that time the government will come and take every registered firearm in the country and if you think it won’t happen you are as crazy as the people that think gun control laws works

I went fro lunch with a group of work colleagues one time. We were talking about the prevalence of antidepressants and how doctors give them out like like tic-tacs. During that conversation I found out I was the only one at the table, out of 6, who was not taking paxil or zoloft.

That's pretty sad. Good for you.

I don't take mood meds, never have. I deal with my crap with a nice tall glass of quitcherbichin'.

Paxil's not really the best choice of SSRI's anyway :rolleyes:

Just be careful with all of the "deal with your shit" talk. If you're able to deal with it, you probably haven't really experienced clinical depression and can't really understand it. It's a physiologic predisposition to having debilitating reactions to stress others might otherwise manage well. Some people with depression are aware of this misguided reaction but are still powerless to overcome it on their own, further exacerbating the problem. Misunderstand this is part of the reason folks who go apeshit like this don't get the help they need. Granted, some of it may be tied to how we're raised to cope with stress and the kind of things we're exposed to as kids.

Edited by smashweights

Times are changing at some point in time the people of this country will vote to outlaw all firearms. At that time the government will come and take every registered firearm in the country and if you think it won’t happen you are as crazy as the people that think gun control laws works

good thing we don't have to register them in Ohio. ;)

there is the nics check, though...

Just a thought cocaine, crack, heroin are all against the law. Look how well those laws keep them out of the criminal’s hands.

There is no way to stop the crazies until they do something that gives them a legal reason. It like the wife that goes to the cops and says my husband is going to kill me. All the cops can say is Sorry there is nothing we can do about it until he does.

When it comes down to it your personal safety is your responsibility

Edited by HeavyDuty
  • Upvote 1

Just a thought cocaine, crack, heroin are all against the law. Look how well those laws keep them out of the criminal’s hands.

There is no way to stop the crazies until they do something that gives them a legal reason. It like the wife that goes to the cops and says my husband is going to kill me. All the cops can say is Sorry there is nothing we can do about it until he does.

When it comes down to it your personal safety is your responsibility

I like the new guy. That and I spent a short time in his Infantry Regement.

As a LE guy now, I have had been faced with letting guys who I beleive are nuttier than squarel turds go because the did'nt do anything "yet". The mental heath issuse stuff needs to be added to the insta-check data base. Not that it would have helped in this case due to the theft of the weapons used in this case of mass murder. On the plus side here in Ohio we have cops in the schools for the most part. Our SRO's (Student Resorce Officers) are there all the time in the schools we have jurisdiction in. I myself spent a year in that job. in a real shit hole in youngstown too. In one incident a "deal" went bad between in a "freelance pharmaceutical sale" about 300 yards from the school. Well, gunfire followed. After the first few seconds of WTF? passed, I did what what seemed right at the time: Run Towords Gunfire. My old ass must have had a good day because i ran down the shooter (who ditched his gun when he saw me, I recoved it later) and took him into costody. He's doing 13 years in the Federal pen now. These were high school kids I was assighned too, I can't imagine the stress factor if the were as young as the CT victims. My heart goes out to the first responders that day. I guess my point is, evil is out there. Gun laws don't matter to criminals who have a heart for evil. All we can do is have have a better mindset, the intestinal fortitude to face down evil when the wolf is at the door and never quit. A gun control act to disarm all will only add to this problem. The bad guys will not comply. We are responsible to defend life and liberty. All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

• Upvote 2

I wonder what the cost would be to arrange a follow-up visit with the denied folks. If you're gonna fail a NICS check you pretty much have to know already, right? That's what all the questions on the for are for. If someone lies on the form they should be charged for that. If someone honestly didn't know they were deniable then fair enough, but now you know...

Maybe we just do that for felons and nutcases?

Do what for felons and nutcases? It's for liability reasons.

If a felon tries to buy a gun, how KNOWS he's a felon and the police should go figure out why he's trying to buy it. If he put on the form that he's not a felon, then he should be charged with that.

Falsifying documents. Sure. But it's not worth anyones time and they would have to be really stupid. What would it resolve? Tax the police department for wasting a gun shops time?

Hurry up and get your high cap mags.

O God...Rachel Maddow is now talking about making gun parts with a 3d printer.....

Edited by Gump