AR-15 or?

ScubaCinci

With the assault rifle ban looking like it will be reinstated (my opinion- if you disagree I'm not interested in why) I'm going to do what I've been putting off and get an AR-15 or similar. So, I'm starting to look at options, etc. Yes, I know, parts, etc are hard to come by. Any recommendations on components/brands or other models besides the AR? Anything to stay away from?

I'd be buying purely for target shooting/recreation. There are lot of knowledgeable people on here so school me!

Ordered a bunch of tacticool crap and mags for mine. Was hoping the prices at the next cols gun show won't be nuts, might pick up another pre-ban.

Thinking the same thing. I don't shop at Walmart but well.... May have to see if they still have any this weekend, as much as I don't. I do have 1 connection at a larger gun store back home, but do not want to go that route unless I have to.

I always figure the show in Feb is the one to hit, CCD statements are due then so makes people need cash from Christmas.

They were sold out of black before friday, and everything else was gone by saturday.

Yeah trust me, I checked your link first, actualyl I did when you posted it but a day or two late and gonezo. Then I tried 44mags per Parks, sold out of everything in 30rds, had 100, and 20-10, but boatactical has 30rd pmags for 12 right now. Free SH too, 3-10 day SH.

Considering buying more actually, figure it's about time for another AR so need to have plenty of mags stocked up.

Or should I call them clips like the news has been?

I'm going to stop by the gun shop today. I know they have a fari amount of various semi-auto rifles in stock this last weekend. I actually had looked at the Sig 551 A1 (I'm a fan of Sigs) but I wanted to do some more research on them. Certainly not the variety options as the AR has.

Yeah trust me, I checked your link first, actualyl I did when you posted it but a day or two late and gonezo. Then I tried 44mags per Parks, sold out of everything in 30rds, had 100, and 20-10, but boatactical has 30rd pmags for 12 right now. Free SH too, 3-10 day SH.

Considering buying more actually, figure it's about time for another AR so need to have plenty of mags stocked up.

Or should I call them clips like the news has been?

Botach has a horrendous reputation. One if my coworkers decided to take a chance and order from them yesterday. We'll see how it works for him.

Botach has a horrendous reputation. One if my coworkers decided to take a chance and order from them yesterday. We'll see how it works for him.

really? My coworker ordered all his stuff there, he is who told me about them actually. Multiple purchases and always have them in a few days shipped free.

Man I hope I didn't get screwed, I'm hitting FFF in Ashland the weekend after Christmas for some shooting anyways, so maybe grab some stuff there if they have any left by then.

Thanks for heads up, I will post how it goes.

really? My coworker ordered all his stuff there, he is who told me about them actually. Multiple purchases and always have them in a few days shipped free.

Man I hope I didn't get screwed, I'm hitting FFF in Ashland the weekend after Christmas for some shooting anyways, so maybe grab some stuff there if they have any left by then.

Thanks for heads up, I will post how it goes.

Botach is really hit or miss. If they have it in stock, usually you're good to go. If they don't, you may get it two months from now, or not at all.