New range coming to Western Ohio

Helmutt

Finally a decent distance range fairly local to me ( as well as several others here ) coming soon...

Dawg Valley Gun Club plans to open Spring of 2013 by NRA instructor Dave Hoffert just outside of Covington, Ohio. "Inside" info speaks of up to an 800 yard long range. I'll post up more info once I find out. Shooters Paradise in Troy is publicizing about membership discounts they'll be offering. Here's where it will be...

8540 West U.S. Rt.36 Covington, Ohio 45318

• 3 months later...

For those who are curious. I spoke with Dave the owner of Dawg Valley today. He sounds like a really nice guy. Hes a CHL instructor, NRA certified pistol and rifle. Hes got lots of plans for the property up to a 800 yard rifle range, however he still has to clear the land for it. His place isnt just a gun club. Hes got camping, swimming, tubing, fishing even looking at an archery range. Club memberships are $100 a year but you get access to the full facility and all the activities. He said last year he had 5 bands out and all the memebers get free access. Hes got 5 members that are active in helping out around the place, but said he wouldnt turn down the help from others. Hes just waiting for the weather to break so he can get out there and get some of the work done.

Im going to head down there after this snow storm goes through and has melted away to check the place out. Ill post back here once i am able to form a real impression

Talking to him over the phone he said its just on the other side of the bridge running along the river. If its the place I think it is then its just as he says. He also stated that the actual range is about a half a mile off the road back in the woods.

The link below shows the address north east of town

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=8540+West+U.S.+Rt.36+Covington,+Ohio+45318&ll=40.122683,-84.349165&spn=0.029305,0.066047&hnear=8540+Ohio+Bicycle+Route+36,+Covington,+Ohio+45318&gl=us&t=h&z=15

This link shows right next to the river just west of town.

http://www.bing.com/maps/#JnE9Ljg1NDAlMmJXZXN0JTJiVSUyNTQwMlMlMjU0MDIlMmJSdCUyNTQwMjM2JTJiQ292aW5ndG9uJTI1MmMlMmJPaGlvJTJiNDUzMTglN2Vzc3QuMCU3ZXBnLjEmYmI9NjMuNjMyODQzOTMzMzg3MyU3ZS0xNS4xNjY4NjI0ODclN2U1LjAxNzA3Mzc3NjI1NzYzJTdlLTE1My4xNTUxNDM3Mzc=

Edited by Gunner75

Their place is just over the Stillwater river bridge past the Covington Park ( northside of Rt.36 ) It's on the south side of Rt.36 and the property is deeeeeeep. His father had quite a bit of land back there, but not sure exactly how much acreage.

I'm not sure he's limiting any particular calibers, but 800 yards is hardly leg-stretching a .50 :D

I'd be guessing at how he'll set it up, but plan to contact him soon to get the wife and I memberships.

He has no website up, just locally advertising and gunshop connections but here's his # if you'd like to ask questions.

937-418-6834