any plumbers on here?

Hoblick

about 15ft maybe 20

im pretty sure the snake is wrapped up in itself.

im half tempted to yank the tub out, and put new plumbing in. the stuff thats in there is old as hell. house was built in the 50s. and there is a shit ton of tight bends.

Hopefully you have a basement or crawl space

Busting up concrete to replace plumbing drains is very expensive.

I'd do what I can to unstick that snake before giving up.

It took me and 2 other guys all night to bust up 4' x 1' with a sledge hammer to replace my main drain line. 80 yr. old concrete. Lots of work.

about 15ft maybe 20

im pretty sure the snake is wrapped up in itself.

im half tempted to yank the tub out, and put new plumbing in. the stuff thats in there is old as hell. house was built in the 50s. and there is a shit ton of tight bends.

I feel for you. My last clogged pipe turned into replacing all the cast iron sewage pipes in the basement. At the moment im having troubles with my hot water boiler "ketteling", but thats a whole new thread. Good luck!

Funny, I walked down into the basement today, cat was licking a drain line from the sink, I was like WTF is that retard doing. I then look, and the joint of the elbow and the pipe was loose. PVC pipe so should be easy fix, but of course all i have is CPVC cement, howeveR I think it'll be okay from the reading I am doing. I just don't want to spend more coin on stuff I will use once.

Although, maybe I will because I hate plumbing with a passion.

I had the same thing happen when I was snaking the drains Hob's, I just kept wiggling it around, finally it came unstuck, however, if it's been a long go at, which it sounds like, then yeah, I'd uh probably see wtf else people recommend.

Good luck.

Busting up concrete to replace plumbing drains is very expensive.

I'd do what I can to unstick that snake before giving up.

It took me and 2 other guys all night to bust up 4' x 1' with a sledge hammer to replace my main drain line. 80 yr. old concrete. Lots of work.

You do plumbing stuff? I'm going to have a need here in a few months, redoing my little half-bath in the foyer and I want to branch off hot/cold/drain to the garage which the bathroom shares a wall with to put a utility sink there. Figured it would be a easy-ish job, but I have absolutely no plumbing experience at all.

You do plumbing stuff? I'm going to have a need here in a few months, redoing my little half-bath in the foyer and I want to branch off hot/cold/drain to the garage which the bathroom shares a wall with to put a utility sink there. Figured it would be a easy-ish job, but I have absolutely no plumbing experience at all.

Thought about doing the same, even just adding a cold connection for hose since I have 2 outside and 0 in the garage. I never thought about how easy this could be to just run in the crawspace through to the garage, I was thinking I'd have to drill through studs etc, but really just need to get it out 1 block to the garage. Hmmmm now you have the wheels turning. Dad has hot and cold hose hookups both in garage and it's awesome for washing cars in the winter.

Don't know if you were snaking it by hand or using one of the powered snakes, but if you haven't already, try running it backward (reverse) while yer pulling on it to see if it will untwist/unknot itself. Gotta be a bit careful so it doesn't snap where the wire is kinked and possibly crystallized.

Or just burn the place to the ground... ;)

That would be a pretty easy job. I've done both PVC and copper work in my houses. The biggest pain would be the finish drywall work.

Hoblick, if you still do not have your problem solved PM me and I can put you in touch with a guy that works for me. He used to be a licensed plumber and now just does it on the side. His father is still licensed.

Thought about doing the same, even just adding a cold connection for hose since I have 2 outside and 0 in the garage. I never thought about how easy this could be to just run in the crawspace through to the garage, I was thinking I'd have to drill through studs etc, but really just need to get it out 1 block to the garage. Hmmmm now you have the wheels turning. Dad has hot and cold hose hookups both in garage and it's awesome for washing cars in the winter.

I grew up with the hot/cold hookups in the garage too, beats the hell out of schlepping the hose halfway around the house.

Hoblick, if you still do not have your problem solved PM me and I can put you in touch with a guy that works for me. He used to be a licensed plumber and now just does it on the side. His father is still licensed.

I should have figured you'd know a guy... :)

Only cuz I'm too poor/cheap to pay a professional. All you really need to know is shit flows downhill and how to sotter/glue.

And how to get your snake out when you put it too deep in a tight hole.