anyone else wanna shoot today?

speedytriple

Where do you guys go to shoot?

I'm probably not too far away in Uniontown and have my eye on a DPMS Recon 16" in .308 that I'm hoping to pick up from Cabella's NLT than next Monday. I also have a Yugo SKS and Enfield that both need to be fired.

Range report, went to riverside down in the Falls with my Dad. Only took twenty mins to get a lane which was a nice change from stonewall. My Dad got to shoot his .38 he got from a member on here for the first time. Very nice shooting gun for the money. He needs LOTS more practice though. Its been years since he has shot a handgun. He did better with my xd9sc though. I shot his .38 a little and 100 rounds through my 9mm. Then I broke out the beast(.308) let me tell you that thing if fing loud indoors LOL! It also throws a nice fire ball out of it. First time shooting my dpms oracle .308 today. Fist impressions, kicked less then I thought it would and was smother then I thought it would be. Trigger was ok with a little creep and a somewhat ok break. Held a good group, I was trying to sight my red dot in and only had 20 rounds since the ammo I bought for it turned out to be metal cored and not allowed to fire it. I ended up having to buy a box of rem core lock? At the price they were charging I only bought 20 rounds. Almost got the red dot zeroed. Turned some heads for sure with the noise and light show. LOL I am happy with it overall seems like a nice rifle from the one mag I shot out of it.

picture.php?albumid=1634&pictureid=16925picture.php?albumid=1634&pictureid=16926

Was at Blackwing running the new SKS through it's paces. Has it stripped down to nothing for the 922r conversion so I wanted to make sure it was running running smoothly. Fires very well.

Also squeezed off a box or two of 223 in my AR, just because. :D

picture.php?albumid=1634&pictureid=16925picture.php?albumid=1634&pictureid=16926

I dont see a front iron, but rear looks like an MBUS? Did you pull the front iron because it obstructed the reticle? Just wondering since our Oracle AR has the same gas block rail, a short 1/2" riser for the red dot, and I'm considering the MBUS for backup sighting

Pulled the front mbus sight since it is 1. 3/16 inch lower then the rail for the rear sight is.

2. was warned that mounting a plastic front sight right to the gas block will cause it to melt. I have since ordered a quad rail to replace the plastic handguard just waiting on it to come in when it does I will mount the mbus on that.

I did not know the mbus were plastic, guess I need to research a bit more then - I dont plan on spraying mag after mag through it, but want something that can tolerate some punishment should the need arise.

After some quick googlin' I understand why the mbus are so popular at about $110/set vs. aluminum irons I'm finding are $175+ for fore/aft sets.

Still trying to scuff the shine from my noobiness in all things AR:D

Edited by Hellmutt

Mbus rear is fine. The front will melt or so I've been warned. Check out the midwest industries sight its taller http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=79. Or add a rail like i did.

Edited by speedytriple