Anyone here use Huntington Bank?

DTM Brian

Just wondering how you like their products and services. I am currently with PNC and will be closing all my accounts. I am really happy how PNC has treated me. I just need to pull my accounts for personal reasons. Huntington is the next closest bank to my house from PNC. I normally make 3-5 trips to the bank during the week of my busy season which is why I want something close.

Used to bank with them years ago then switched to my credit union.

Huntington was a lot higher on interest for a loan.

Agreed on the car loan rates. I still use Telhio for auto loans. The biggest thing I need a bank close to me for is the business.

Agreed on the car loan rates. I still use Telhio for auto loans. The biggest thing I need a bank close to me for is the business.

Best rates for auto loans are from penfed, Huntington varies branch by branch so just find a teller that you like and stick with them

I've been with Huntington for 12 years. They have always treated me very good. I've maintained my account for the past years of military service and even without a local branch I can still get all my stuff done.

I've had shitty experiences with both 5/3 and USAA.

I dumped their ass years ago. They don't have a lot of locations in the area and they started charging some weird fees and when I questioned them, they were rude and uncooperative. Screw them. I went to 5/3 and have been happy, plus they have a branch on just about every corner.

I dumped their ass years ago. They don't have a lot of locations in the area and they started charging some weird fees and when I questioned them, they were rude and uncooperative. Screw them. I went to 5/3 and have been happy, plus they have a branch on just about every corner.

I used to bank with 5/3. Then one day the bank manager took money out of my account using a forged withdrawal ticket.

Been with Huntington for almost 20 years. I've got multiple checking, multiple savings and home loan with them. Used to have credit cards as well. Our only complaints with them are the mortgage process was mind numbing (maybe that's just everywhere) and they sold off the credit cards, which we were using as overdraft and could no longer use them as such. As for routine banking, I've always been happy.

Additional note - I've always been impressed with their customer service. Maybe it's my length of time as a customer, or the number of accounts we have, but every time I've called in to question a fee, they've taken it off. I've even gone so far as to admit it was my fault, and deserved the fee. I told the girl, "I just don't really want to pay it." She took it off without questioning and thanked me for my business.

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition. I do not want the hassle of dealing with the ex at PNC. Plus I do not want her having access to my accounts. I should have moved to a different bank when we were dating. Now it has gone from a want to a need to switch banks.

Hopefully it will be a smooth transition. I do not want the hassle of dealing with the ex at PNC. Plus I do not want her having access to my accounts. I should have moved to a different bank when we were dating. Now it has gone from a want to a need to switch banks.

If that is what you are worried about then just talk to PNC about it. The rules for employees accessing accounts that they are not supposed to are very strict - it's a termination offense. Talk to the manager at your branch, or to customer service or whatever and ask if they can give you an absolute assurance that this girl will never be able to access you account.

I used to work for Chase and we all got mandatory annual training on which accounts we were allowed to access and which we were not. It was frowned upon to even look at a friend or family member's account WITH their permission unless it was your job (teller, personal banker). They gave examples of scenarios where you're just gonna be out the door too - an ex-spouse is the example they always gave us; "Jane has divorce from John and John says he cannot afford alimony. Jane uses her access to see his bank account to see if he is lying. Is this acceptable?"

Tell them if they cannot give you a written assurance that she will never access your account (or that at least if she does she'll be caught the very first time) or you'll walk. I'm sure they'd dealt with this before and will know what to do. It'd be much easier than dealing with moving accounts.

What is her job? Does she work on the retail side (teller, personal banker, manager) where access to customer accounts is part of her job? Or is she backoffice? I was a Database Administrator, and I couldn't even get close to any customer accounts.

If that is what you are worried about then just talk to PNC about it. The rules for employees accessing accounts that they are not supposed to are very strict - it's a termination offense. Talk to the manager at your branch, or to customer service or whatever and ask if they can give you an absolute assurance that this girl will never be able to access you account.

I used to work for Chase and we all got mandatory annual training on which accounts we were allowed to access and which we were not. It was frowned upon to even look at a friend or family member's account WITH their permission unless it was your job (teller, personal banker). They gave examples of scenarios where you're just gonna be out the door too - an ex-spouse is the example they always gave us; "Jane has divorce from John and John says he cannot afford alimony. Jane uses her access to see his bank account to see if he is lying. Is this acceptable?"

Tell them if they cannot give you a written assurance that she will never access your account (or that at least if she does she'll be caught the very first time) or you'll walk. I'm sure they'd dealt with this before and will know what to do. It'd be much easier than dealing with moving accounts.

What is her job? Does she work on the retail side (teller, personal banker, manager) where access to customer accounts is part of her job? Or is she backoffice? I was a Database Administrator, and I couldn't even get close to any customer accounts.

Um, I'd just switch banks.

I use Huntington for my business checking, my Internet/PayPal account and a money market account that they did cut the rate in half on about 6months in.

Always had good customer service.

omg stay the fuck away from huntington bank. they fucking sold my credit card with a balance on it to bank of american who jacked up my interest rate.

I'm not sure why anyone banks with these large banks. they charge you for having a checking account. find yourself a credit union. I use kemba and get 2.50% interest on my checking.