need to refinance in Ohio.. anyone know anyone?

Dubguy85

I have refinanced once in ohio with Bank of America but I'm looking for a private firm.. Anyone know anyone who owns or works for one and won't try and rape me?

My cousin owns one in Indiana and he always tells me where they are trying to screw me and such, but I don't want a ton of hassle especially since its not my primary home and its a state away.. Just want an easy no cost refi...

Should be pretty simple.. Current rate on that condo is like 5.4 I'm looking for anything under 4 but am not paying fees.

I have refinanced once in ohio with Bank of America but I'm looking for a private firm.. Anyone know anyone who owns or works for one and won't try and rape me?

My cousin owns one in Indiana and he always tells me where they are trying to screw me and such, but I don't want a ton of hassle especially since its not my primary home and its a state away.. Just want an easy no cost refi...

Should be pretty simple.. Current rate on that condo is like 5.4 I'm looking for anything under 4 but am not paying fees.

Check third federal they are usually the best for mortgages

Or call your current lender and ask about the HARP, being in OH, your best, and almost only option for a true "free" loan, is with your current lender. Most others will simply say it's a free loan, but including the fees in the new mortgage amount, or possibly give you a higher rate to cover the fees with premium pricing, or basically negative points/credits on the HUD1. They just won't tell you this, when in reality you could get up to 1.00% lower rate, paying the costs up front, over the life of the loan. This would end up saving a ton of coin in about 5+ years, vs taking premium pricing/credits for a higher rate. Issue is people want "free" refinances from lenders that simply can't do it.

Best start is always with the current lender, especially with the current programs. Then shop around.

Or call your current lender and ask about the HARP, being in OH, your best, and almost only option for a true "free" loan, is with your current lender. Most others will simply say it's a free loan, but including the fees in the new mortgage amount, or possibly give you a higher rate to cover the fees with premium pricing, or basically negative points/credits on the HUD1. They just won't tell you this, when in reality you could get up to 1.00% lower rate, paying the costs up front, over the life of the loan. This would end up saving a ton of coin in about 5+ years, vs taking premium pricing/credits for a higher rate. Issue is people want "free" refinances from lenders that simply can't do it.

Best start is always with the current lender, especially with the current programs. Then shop around.

Thanks john. I'm not looking for the "lowest" rate because I'm hoping to only own this another 1-4 years.. So free is what I'm looking for or it's not worth it.. I'll check with my lender then shop.

Easy and NO cost, hmm. Not likely but I will subscribe to see what you turn up.

My last 3 mortgages and 2 refis have been with Wells Fargo. After shopping around, I found them to be the most competitive on rates and cost.

Staying with your current lender should be the first avenue but I would shop around first before talking with your lender. At least you will know what other options you have before striking a deal.

I do know a local Dayton guy with a private mortgage company but the last time I talked with him, he wasn't taking on new mortgages due to the backlog they have to process. He may be looking to fill his 2013 funnel. I will update if I find anything positive.

Thank you both.. I think the biggest issue is that

I have two places and all my equity is in my Indiana home..

My ohio loan is FHA and apparently refinancing an FHA rental property isn't an easy one.. I tried HARP but Freddie or Fannie don't own my loan.. I'll try both reccomendations but might be SOL.

I'll PM you my guy's contact info. Good buddy of mine. Refi'd my house, and I think Max Power's also.

Yes. But it wasn't free. Cost $400 out of pocket, but was well worth it. Took 10 years off my loan and the payment went down. Went from 61/4% to 3 1/2.

Yes. But it wasn't free. Cost $400 out of pocket, but was well worth it. Took 10 years off my loan and the payment went down. Went from 61/4% to 3 1/2.

Damn! Thats a major point drop. Can you PM me the info?

I hope I'm not stepping on OP's toes, but this brings up a question I have...

I've considered a refi on my house in Ohio. However, its technically rental property. What little research I've done, it seems like I'm stuck with the loan as it is since I don't reside at the house. Can I still do a refi without turning it into a commercial mortgage?

Sent via mobile

I hope I'm not stepping on OP's toes, but this brings up a question I have...

I've considered a refi on my house in Ohio. However, its technically rental property. What little research I've done, it seems like I'm stuck with the loan as it is since I don't reside at the house. Can I still do a refi without turning it into a commercial mortgage?

Sent via mobile

Not stepping on toes at all.. You can refi but it's a little more difficult. Do you have conventional or fha? who owns the mortgage? Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae? You might have some options but since mine in Ohio is FHA I'm a little screwed, but COULD do it but wouldn't be a normal refi as if I lived there.. Best would be to call and ask your options.

Not stepping on toes at all.. You can refi but it's a little more difficult. Do you have conventional or fha? who owns the mortgage? Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae? You might have some options but since mine in Ohio is FHA I'm a little screwed, but COULD do it but wouldn't be a normal refi as if I lived there.. Best would be to call and ask your options.

can always ask me for info too if you need any, NOT Dubguy he and I chatted, anyone else can too. PMs are best so I can answer when home.