Sold my 650 to my dad!

Kmanlyst

And I hadn't even rode it! No this isn't an Exarch kinda deal ( I value my father and realize all he did for me). I stored my new 650 at me dads for winter...well he took it for a ride yesterday a cold one but a ride none the less,and called me to tell me he wanted to buy it. it's my dad so i sold it to him for 1k seems far for all the shit i did to him as a kid,so what this post is about is to tell you about my NEW TOY. 2012 Honda NC700x went in today to fill out the paperwork and got everything approved and here are some pics of my new baby who will be delivered tomorrow!

20130103135826.jpg

20130103135812.jpg

Edited by Kmanlyst
  • Upvote 2

Interesting choice. Auto? (edit: I see a clutch lever) Definitely want to hear a ride report when it gets warm enough to ride it.

Good on you, man. You will be paid back in spades with the rides you take with your dad.

Some of my best memories are going for slow backroad rides with the 'ol man.

• Upvote 3

good deal..

congrats on the new bike. My buddy has one and i had a chance to ride it before the weather got colder. Very neat bike, its a great commuter, very smooth, engine although severely under powered for my taste is good for what it is, very smooth, good low end, great gas milage.

its a pretty nimble bike, doesnt seem as small as it is (good thing)

my biggest complaint was lack of power, and a very short shift points. i was running out of RPM real fast, got really annoying

Interesting choice. Auto? (edit: I see a clutch lever) Definitely want to hear a ride report when it gets warm enough to ride it.

Good on you, man. You will be paid back in spades with the rides you take with your dad.

This is the manual model they had the auto at the boat show,not sure I would want an auto.

...it's my dad so i sold it to him for 1k seems fair for all the shit i did to him as a kid...
...Good on you, man. You will be paid back in spades with the rides you take with your dad.

+rep(s)

two fellas that "get it". life's too short to be angry or hold a grudge (unless your anger/grudge is directed at the Ford motor Company, which is completely understandable and acceptable).

'grats on the new ride, and for hooking your Pop up with a great deal!

We rode on thanksgiving day took him on a few local back roads that are more twisty than the stuff back home had fun. My father and I never had the best relationship growing up and that was partly (a lot) of my fault and hadn't spent much time doing the father/son thing until four years ago when I had my first child and realized the errors and reached out to my father to try to mend what I could and it was great. Now we have a common hobby and plan to do a lot of Deals trips and the BYOB 2013 ride. This hobby has given me way more than some people can understand.

• Upvote 2

I understand how you feel. Its awesome you can do this with him, and you are mending your relationship.

I am hoping to ride with my dad(s). One lives in TN so i may need to meet him 1/2 way or trailer mine down. My father is to close and we should have already done this, so this spring we will. As a bonus my hubby will be with us.

You don't gotta do that man, just make sure you stay back far enough!!lol ;)

You know me I am always in the back that way I can take my time and enjoy the ride. Well that and my lack of skill until we hit those track days.