shoulda read the ObamaCare bill Pelosi, you stupid b*tch

jblosser

no idea if this is accurate, and DearLeader could overrule it, but...:

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to reports, that amendment says the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/09/Backfire-Obamacare-Forbids-Gun-and-Ammo-Registration

maybe they'll actually bills before they sign bills now?

nah.

They knew that was in there. It was intentional to keep the nra out of the obamacare fight. If the nra steps in they lose the handful of Republicans that vied for it and it fails.

It's all scipted gang. They all play both sides.

When purchasing or transferring new fire arms? Basically does this mean i dont have to register a new gun at the time of purchase.

The way I understand it is that when you buy a firearm from a dealer, the paperwork you fill out is for the background check, and that paperwork is held by the dealer.

And the language in Obamacare says that doctors can't record the answers to gun questions they ask patients. That is what I saw........this has nothing to do with NCIS or registration or anything like that.

Sorry for the thread jack. I looked it up and wow i have no idea why i made these assumptions.

No problem, you actually waited until page two to jack it. Usually happens on the first page.

Just to clarify, in some states...like Ohio...private people can sell anything they want to another private person as long as both of you are residents of Ohio.

If you buy from a licensed dealer they are required to run a background check on you. But it is not registered, it is a criminal background check on you with the feds. Takes two seconds over the phone.

If you buy from out of state they are required to ship it to a licensed dealer in your state and you pick it up...and they run a background check and usually charge you 35 bucks or so for doing it.

In most cases you can go to another state and buy a long gun and bring it back. But not handguns.

• Upvote 1

And the language in Obamacare says that doctors can't record the answers to gun questions they ask patients. That is what I saw........this has nothing to do with NCIS or registration or anything like that.

"guns, doc? huh? no, don't own any, and if i did, it would be none of your business. you own any croquet mallets? about as germane to my checkup as your question was."

It applies to health care and insurance etc.

``(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.--A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a)(1)(D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or

``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.

``(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;

``(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or

``© the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(3) LIMITATION ON DATABASES OR DATA BANKS.--None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used to maintain records of individual ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition.

``(4) LIMITATION ON DETERMINATION OF PREMIUM RATES OR ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.--A premium rate may not be increased, health insurance coverage may not be denied, and a discount, rebate, or reward offered for participation in a wellness program may not be reduced or withheld under any health benefit plan issued pursuant to or in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act on the basis

of, or on reliance upon--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or

``(B) the lawful use or storage of a firearm or ammunition.

``(5) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUALS.--No individual shall be required to disclose any information under any data collection activity authorized under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act relating to--

``(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition; or

``(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition.''.

quote pulled from the amendment. It was a bit hard to find, since it was an amendment to unrelated amendment SA 2786.

http://maplight.org/us-congress/bill/111-hr-3590/422122/amendment/17163/nojs

Edited by ReconRat