Looking for a minimum wage job! (Southwest)

Bitani

I am a senior in high school and recently quit my job at Best Buy. The hours, management, everything wasn't working out. SO I'm on the lookout for any opportunities for a teenager to get a job. Figured it would be worth it to see if anybody knew of any decent local jobs that were available. I'd MUCH rather work for a local business than a big ol' one.

I've worked ever since I was able to (16) at a Rave movie theater for a year and a half as well as (obviously) Best Buy for about 4 months.

Anybody have any suggestions, offerings, anything of the like?

Thank ya!

As much as food service industry sucks I suggest working for a restaurant for as long as you can. It teaches you good people skills and then when you get into job interviews and they ask you to discribe a situation where you didn't get along with a coworker or patron you will have more than enough stories.

As much as food service industry sucks I suggest working for a restaurant for as long as you can. It teaches you good people skills and then when you get into job interviews and they ask you to discribe a situation where you didn't get along with a coworker or patron you will have more than enough stories.

I got that at the movie theater, but I'm positive it'd be even worse at a fast food place. So I can see that. :p

"IT FIVE FITTY FOR DA NACHO!?!?"

I may hire a couple laborer type positions. I am a local based construction company and I am doing all the work at Muirfield Country Club so your primary job location would be there. PM me if you are interested and we can talk.

WARNING: I am not your Mom and I do not baby people, you may get yelled at from time to time and you may not always be doing what you want but you will recieve a pay check every week. also i do not put up with people that are late for work or call off. just wanted to throw that out there so you have no surprises.

I may hire a couple laborer type positions. I am a local based construction company and I am doing all the work at Muirfield Country Club so your primary job location would be there. PM me if you are interested and we can talk.

WARNING: I am not your Mom and I do not baby people, you may get yelled at from time to time and you may not always be doing what you want but you will recieve a pay check every week. also i do not put up with people that are late for work or call off. just wanted to throw that out there so you have no surprises.

Thank ya for the offer sir, but a little far for me!

Anybody else aware of any good offerings? Seen any "Hiring" signs or the like?

i dont think he is Mexican so he may not qualify...:lol:

• Upvote 1

Minimum wage? You can get a job anywhere you want. Just get offline and go apply. ;)

Dayton is easy job hunting, especially for minimum wage. We were just labeled #3 in the NATION as the city with most jobs, with Los Angeles being #1. That was pretty damn cool to see Dayton #3 in nation. Boulder, CO was the worst.

Minimum wage? You can get a job anywhere you want. Just get offline and go apply. ;)

Dayton is easy job hunting, especially for minimum wage. We were just labeled #3 in the NATION as the city with most jobs, with Los Angeles being #1. That was pretty damn cool to see Dayton #3 in nation. Boulder, CO was the worst.

We were? Damn.

That explains why I've never understood when my friends complain about never being able to find a job. I've always gotten them on first interview thus far.

my work might be hiring entry level mechanic work soon.

its a honda car dealership in fairfield, you would need to invest in tools.

if that job doesn't open up, i know i can get you one with the detail company we use. i've known the owner a while, and its decent money (commision based on performance).

Try gfs up the street, if you're interested ill put the good word in. I know a couple of the managers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That would be awesome if you could do that! That GFS is literally less than a minute away from my house.

my work might be hiring entry level mechanic work soon.

its a honda car dealership in fairfield, you would need to invest in tools.

if that job doesn't open up, i know i can get you one with the detail company we use. i've known the owner a while, and its decent money (commision based on performance).

If you could keep me updated on what happens with this, that would be great as well.

Thanks for the responses, all!

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck.

But I think today I'm going to apply to as many pizza places as I can to be a driver. Does anybody have any contacts in the Dayton area to a pizza place manager or anything that could help to give me a reference?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'd actually LIKE pizza delivery. Late nights, lots of driving music.

Oh wait, dude nrc country club is hiring, we had 3 dishwashers quit last week(all 3 brothers, all 3 moved to NJ) use me as a reference if your a good worker(tom Nugent). Its on stroop right past southern. Once u get to southern take the next right onto dogwood(assuming ur coming from 741). Hell, apply today and u might get hired on the spot. Hours suck right now cuz its the slow season, but hey its a job. we go back to full time in march.

Feel free to text me at 937-732-1155

Btw it's a cake ass job, real laid back. night shift only right now though till march I think. May get some mornings aswell, there pretty good about working around schedules since most people here have 2 jobs or.go to school anyhow.

Edited by Exarch