the best movies you've never heard of

Hoblick

The Innkeepers (horror) -Story about a haunted inn during the last day before it is shut down. Wasn't a great movie but it felt very real like you were an observer and the acting was very good. Seems to start slow and there isn't much to see for most of the film but plenty of tense moments. Very little gore (except a little towards the end) and while I wasn't crazy about the ending, some liked it. Overall, very entertaining and one of the better scary movies I'd seen in a while.

The Fall (Fantasy/Adventure)- Per IMDB -

In a hospital on the outskirts of 1920s Los Angeles, an injured stuntman begins to tell a fellow patient, a little girl with a broken arm, a fantastic story of five mythical heroes. Thanks to his fractured state of mind and her vivid imagination, the line between fiction and reality blurs as the tale advances.
Somewhat of a hard movie to follow at first but the visuals are absolutely stunning and it's a neat story. Best watched in HD. Very entertaining.

The Snow Walker (Drama) - A movie starring Barry Pepper as a 1950's pilot who crashes in Alaska and his journey across the tundra to get back to civilization. A very emotional and gripping movie. One of the first streaming movies I ever watched on Netflix. Highly recommended.

Movie hipster thread? Fuck yeah!

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Seven Samurai (yes it's B/W and foreign, get the fuck over it)

Army of Darkness

Kung Fu Hustle

Akira

Intolerable Cruelty/Hudsucker Proxy (both Coen Brothers movies and both fucking awesome)

Legend of Drunken Master (the older version)

I never heard of sucker punch until recently, not sure if it flew under the radar or not but its got a bunch of hot chicks shooting guns in short skirts so I would recommend it. Interesting story line once you figure out what is happening.

• Upvote 1