WTT pistols possibly

crb

For those of you looking for a 45 you will never find a more comfortable 45 to shoot than the FNP. It feels like you are shooting a 22.

The only thing on the fnp45 was the grip texture. I put a hogue wrap on it and its nice now.

Both great guns. Good luck with getting your hands on a sig. If it weren't for the price I'd have my hands on a 229 or 226.

I have the 40 and love it, but I want a 9 also.

I had a P229 years ago. It was a high quality pistol for sure. I just didn't like shooting it.

Sig fit/finish is excellent, and it never jammed. Just holding it in your hand it oozed build quality. But, the bore sits high on the frame & it tends to flip more and take longer to get back on target for follow up shots then something like a Glock, M&P, or XD.

The only other 9mm I had at that time was a 'lowly' S&W Sigma. I was consistenly more accurate with the Sigma than the 229 in slow and rapid fire drills. No one was more surprised than me. I wound up selling that 229 after about 500 rounds (still have that lowly Sigma).

btw, IMO FN's are fantastic pistols.

Maybe, I purchased mine new. I also have a crossbreed holster/leather mag pouch and everything that came with the pistol. .40 caliber btw

Nevermind I have the 40 and I am wanting a 9 to accompany it. Seem like I can find lots of 40's

Nevermind I have the 40 and I am wanting a 9 to accompany it. Seem like I can find lots of 40's

I saw a 226 on armslist last week that was a 9mm. I think the guy had a reasonable price on it too. Something like $800. Stainless with cherry handgrips. It was beautiful. I'll try to find it and post it here. And I don't know where you are but vandailia armory had quite a few 226's in stock when I was there last week. Actually had the biggest stock of sigs I've seen.

• 1 month later...
i have a Sig p229 in 9mm but no rail that i would possibly trade for the FNP, but not sure how important that rail is. anyway, let me know. i think i have 3 or 4 mags.

The 22 conversion kit specifically says railed. Wanting to be able to swap a 22 kit between both frames. My holsters are also for railed so they would be looser on a non railed.

• 2 weeks later...