Obama's plan

Scruit

Executive Orders:

- "Strengthening background checks"

- Giving mental heal professionals a mechanism for reporting dangerous individual

- Directing CDC to study gun violence reduction, despite congress de-funding it

- CDC to study effect of violent video games

Calling on congress to:

- Pass Universal background checks (I agree with this one)

- Pass AWB and 10 round limit

- Pass Tougher punishments on straw purchases

- Confirm Todd Jones as ATF director (currently acting director, and Obama will nominate officially)

- Fund additional police officers

Edited by Scruit

Executive Orders:

- Strengthening background checks

- Reporting mental health status

- CDC to study gun violence reduction

- Study effect of violent video games

Calling on congress to pass:

- Universal background checks (I agree with this one)

- AWB and 10 round limit.

thanks, I missed the executive orders.

Okay, I've tried to stay out of this. He just said that "they're trying to frame this as an all out assault on liberty. On confiscation of guns" (or something to that effect). I just keep hearing "you won't pay any additional taxes", "you'll get to keep your insurance", and "this will be the most transparent administration in history. We'll post all bills online for 48 hours before they're voted on". And picturing Pelosi stating "we'll have to pass the bill so we can know whats in the bill".

My stomach hurts, and not from laughing.

• Upvote 1

if it passes.

john mccain already gave a firm "no." when asked if its going to pass. he seemed pretty certain that congress will not pass an AWB. hopefully he is right.

I sure hope so. I also hope this 10rd max max thing doesn't get through either. Just absolute bullshit

900 gun deaths in the last 30 days? Really?? 900?

18k per year. Yep. And about 2,700 road deaths in 30 days. About 50,000 died from heart disease in 30 days.

How many died from assault weapons? Well, Feinstein herself says 385 since 2004, which is 3 in 30 days.

Over 300 million people, the numbers of deaths are higher than you'd think in every classification. Someone dies every week to a lightning strike.

• Upvote 1

I agree with the universal background check system (who is paying for it?) and the tougher penalties for straw sales.

The call for a new AWB and high cap magazine ban is the one aspect of his speech that I vehemently disagree with but he did say, more than once, that it is up to the American people to decide what they want and for Congress to act accordingly. I respect that because it is the correct procedure vs. draconian orders from the WH.

Or at least that is what I got out of when I realized it was 12:03 and his announcement was being televised. I missed the first 3 minutes.

Okay, call me crazy, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as I was expecting. I don't see any EO stuff that crosses the line, and the stuff he wants congress to work towards is exactly what was expected to be thier starting point. Nothing shocking as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with the universal background check system (who is paying for it?) and the tougher penalties for straw sales.

Straw purchases are already illegal and most cases carry a stiff penalty, it's the enforcement that's lacking. And, universal checks are unenforceable nonsense anyway - and places the legal onus on the law-abiding who's selling a legal product to a private party. All feel-good nonsense that just annoys and convolutes the law abiding while doing nothing to stop criminals from doing what they've always done.

It's the War On Drugs for guns now....and how well is that bullshit working? Can you get drugs right now if you want? Bet you know how you could. Same with guns...this won't stop anyone from getting guns nor will it stop crime or violence.

What a fucking disgraceful display of pandering bullshit while our country burns.

• Upvote 1

universal background checks maybe, depends how it is done, where, what is the fee?

the 10 round cap limit, is this just for rifles,or all firearms? What about the pistols such as Glocks and other that can hold 15 -17? DOes this include police and other peace keeping forces?

As for what passed in New York, not many semi-auto pistols holds less then 10. ( not including 1911's). So now, all manufactures need to make 7 round "new york legal" magazines?

Not sure how to link background checks to mental health database. How does a person get added or removed to this list?

Straw purchases are already illegal and most cases carry a stiff penalty, it's the enforcement that's lacking. And, universal checks are unenforceable nonsense anyway - and places the legal onus on the law-abiding who's selling a legal product to a private party. All feel-good nonsense that just annoys and convolutes the law abiding while doing nothing to stop criminals from doing what they've always done.

It's the War On Drugs for guns now....and how well is that bullshit working? Can you get drugs right now if you want? Bet you know how you could. Same with guns...this won't stop anyone from getting guns nor will it stop crime or violence.

What a fucking disgraceful display of pandering bullshit while our country burns.

Agree +16trillion%

You all should do like I did and sell off your guns since they are obviously defective. I made a ton of money selling mine because they weren't evil or going out late at night causing mass murder and hysteria

• Upvote 1