Bike Night @ Canton QSL

walther_gsp

I was out riding a bit today, It was a bit chilly for my tastes. Definetly too cold to have rode out to Canton and back though. How many bikes showed? I saw atleast 6 today.

I think maybe a dozen or so were there consistantly through the evening. 5 of them were the folks that I went with. I'm still waiting on my hands to thaw out from my ride home.

Is Canton QSL going to have more bike nights? I've been living and riding in the Canton area for a few years now and there isn't much of a riding scene beyond the occasional pack of squids.

I'd love to meet some mature people to go riding with that know how to let loose and have fun, but aren't worried about showing off and trying to hard to be cool.

Is Canton QSL going to have more bike nights? I've been living and riding in the Canton area for a few years now and there isn't much of a riding scene beyond the occasional pack of squids.

I'd love to meet some mature people to go riding with that know how to let loose and have fun, but aren't worried about showing off and trying to hard to be cool.

According to their schedule they do them every Wednesday, but right now its still listed as "Winter" bike nights. We discussed it last week and we're not sure how many we'll do at Canton once the weather is decent because the ride up to Valley View is way better.

Anyone that lives in the Akron/Canton area, that wants to ride with a somewhat sane rider, leave me a message and we can talk. I live very close to Rt.30, that takes you to 172 East, a nice place to ride, with a few turns as well. No cops either but beware of the tractors and the fertilizer trucks. Oh, a dead raccoon in the road will ruin your day if you hit it while in a lean. Still, I see more people riding around in the city and posing when they should be out in the country logging miles. Rt.9 is also very close and there are some nice curves as well. It looks like this weekend will shot, with the weather so I'll have to wait until spring finally comes forth.

Anyone that lives in the Akron/Canton area, that wants to ride with a somewhat sane rider, leave me a message and we can talk. I live very close to Rt.30, that takes you to 172 East, a nice place to ride, with a few turns as well. No cops either but beware of the tractors and the fertilizer trucks. Oh, a dead raccoon in the road will ruin your day if you hit it while in a lean. Still, I see more people riding around in the city and posing when they should be out in the country logging miles. Rt.9 is also very close and there are some nice curves as well. It looks like this weekend will shot, with the weather so I'll have to wait until spring finally comes forth.

Post your favorite routes! We can get a group thing going on when it gets a lil warmer. I think everyone is resigned to the fact that we have to get out of CLE to find some good roads.

I'm going to go road scouting in about 2 weeks.

Rt.60 is really pleasant but the tar snakes that I encountered made me ride like I was on a Harley or in other words, trying to go as fast as the speed limit. I did not see one cop and I was on that road for about 4 hours until I stopped at Marietta, where I had some tacos. Then I just jumped on 77N to get home fast. I don't know about any good places to ride around Cleveland but around here, there is an area where I hang out with long, sweeping turns, lasting about 28 miles before you hit Rt. 30. If you get on Rt.800 S. and stay the course, it's a great ride, leading you into some nice twisties. I almost ran out of gas but I was pretty close to W. Virginia by then, on a 600 VLX, a small cruiser that is fun to ride. With my new weapon, it should be a whole new ballgame.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be up for doing some riding with you guys for sure, as long as you don't mind slowing those race replicas down a bit so my kanatuna can keep up. :) I live in Massillon / Jackson Twp a few miles from Rt21, and I ride solo and/or 2-up with my wife about 99.9% of the time. I'd really like to meet some new friends and riding buddies this year, preferably people who are mentally stable and down to earth.

So far this year i've been commuting to work and going for quick blasts around Stark county on the weekends/evenings. I need to change my oil, put on a new rear tire, and tighten up my chain before any long rides. That stuff will probably get taken care of in a few weeks after I get my stimulus check from the gov't.

My usual weekend solo ride last summer was variations of... my house to 21-S to 30-W to 241-S to 83-S to 36-E to 77-N to 30-W to 21-N to my house.