Marlin closing it's doors.

Gump

They were already owned by Remington that's when Marlins guns turned to shit. This may have been posted before. Just a little fear mongering in this. Unless Soros isn't about making money.

MARLIN FIREARMS CLOSING ITS DOORS

Marlin Firearms is already closing its doors! They are doing it to us, America ! Even if you do not own a gun you need to know this. This needs to be spread to all gun owners and sportsman. We cannot rely on the media to inform us of these types of matters.

Something You May Not Know That Is Happening ... Who is buying companies, manufacturing guns??? For the last several years a company called The Freedom Group has been buying up gun and ammunition manufacturers. Some of the companies are Bushmaster, Marlin, Remington, DPMS, Dakota Arms and H&R. Some people worry that this Freedom Group is going to control most of the firearms companies in the United States . If you control the manufacturers you can decide to stop selling to civilians.

What a perfect way to control guns. Now if you do some digging you will see that The Freedom Group is owned by a company called Cerberus Capital Management. Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!! He wants to restrict or ban all civilian guns. Please pass this on to all your freedom loving friends. This needs to come out. Why have we not heard about this in the "mainstream" media? I would think this would be BIG news. (Soros also owns Progressive Insurance). If you don't know who George Soros is, you need to do some Research. He backed Obama with millions of dollars and Obama is a puppet on a string controlled by Soros.

i dont believe half this shit but here is some info to.... :stirpot: :stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:.copy and paste from urbanlegengs.about.com:lol::lol:

Subject: Snopes under fire

PLEASE READ!!!!!!! VERY IMPORTANT----- SNOPES EXPOSED:

Snopes under fire

I have suspected some problems with Snopes for some time now, but I have only caught them in half-truths. If there is any subjectivity they do an immediate full left rudder.

Truth or fiction.com <http://truthorfiction.com/> is the better source for verification, in my opinion.

I have recently discovered that Snopes.com is owned by a flaming liberal and this man is in the tank for Obama. There are many things they have listed on their site as a hoax and yet you can go to Youtube yourself and find the video of Obama actually saying these things. So you see, you cannot and should not trust Snopes.com.... ever for anything that remotely resembles truth! I don't even trust them to tell me if email chains are hoaxes anymore.

A few conservative speakers on Myspace told me about snopes.com <http://snopes.com/> a few months ago and I took it upon myself to do a little research to find out if it was true. Well, I found out for myself that it is true. This website is backing Obama and is covering up for him. They will say anything that makes him look bad is a hoax and they also tell lies on the other side about McCain and Palin. Anyway just FYI please don't use Snopes.com anymore for fact checking and make your friends aware of their political leanings as well. Many people still think Snopes.com is neutral and they can be trusted as factual. We need to make sure everyone is aware that that is a hoax in itself.

Edited by 2talltim

What ever the reliability of snopes the objective stated in the OP story just doesnt hold up to any logical reasoning. If a company were to try to buy up all the gun manufacturers to prevent sales to non military customers, then a ton of other manufacturers would start making guns too fill the demand.

Such an attempt might drive up the cost and reduce supply in the short term but within a few years new brands would be fill the supply and the company that owned all of those old brands would just be poorer for little effect.

Thats how capitalism works.

Lobbying for gun control is a much more effective way to accomplish the desired task.

Craig

I love my Marlins but they have reportedly been of shit quality since being bought out by Remington, so I guess it's better that the name end here being synonymous with quality firearms rather than becoming Remington's shit gun line.

Gump loves to get you guys all assed out with copy/paste email nonsense. Then he calls me and laughs. It's kinda his thing.

Guess who controls Cerberus??? GEORGE SOROS!!!

The Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the "lobbying" arm of the National Rifle Association of America. This is what they say about that. Have a read.

Despite rumors to the contrary, Cerberus Capital Management, L.P., the firm which owns Freedom Group. Inc. (FGI), the holding company for such firearms manufacturers as Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and DPMS, is in NO WAY affiliated with anti-gun activist George Soros.

George Soros has never been a part of Freedom Group or Cerberus. Further, as Cerberus is a privately owned corporation, run by sportsmen, shooters and firearms enthusiasts, we can say with great sincerity and certainty that George Soros will never be a part of the Freedom Group family of companies.

http://www.nraila.org/223471

I've never owned a marlin. More of a mossberg/h&r/ruger kinda guy...

Picked up a Marlin 60SB from Wally World recently. It's not what I would call quality with the plastic trigger gaurd assembly that's made to look like aluminum, laminate montecarlo stock, and the front plastic site, which is around $8, is all fugged up. Although for the money they are reported to be more accurate out of the box than a 10/22.