Screw Groupon

Gump

I got a groupon as a gift from a friend. The store that issued it (Bob Sumerel Tire) refused to honor the face value (free oil change) and would only honor the purchase price of the coupon ($19). The friend reported them to groupon. Groupon said tough.

I bought a car detailing on there ($89) and tried and tried to schedule it. Couldn't get ahold of the shop. Then all the sudden got an email saying the shop # had changed. Called to set an appointment and of course, all book to outside the groupon expiration date. Emailed groupon and now have a $89 credit to use with them..... and thats the last I'm spending......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Groupon boosted our business at the dive shop. I've never used it personally though. A lot of companies are doing stupid things so they don't offend people...I can't hold it against them no more than I hold it against Chick-Fil-A for being bible thumpers. Their sammiches still taste good.

I was signed up on a forum for business owners a few years ago when the groupon thing became big. a lot of them liked the boost in business but quickly found out that it created a lot of problems for them so they stopped using it or made it really hard to use the coupons because people were trying to take advantage of it.

then came the stories that groupon almost put some of them out of business because too many people were showing up with the coupons and they were losing too much money.

another reason a lot of them quit using it.