Got my K9 Refinished

Radio Flyer

I took my Kahr K9 to Performance Powdercoating Ohio to get it refinished using Cerakote H. I did quite a bit of reading on what product to use to get it refinished in and Cerakote H was supposedly one of the best ways to go.

I got my K9 as a police trade in, one of the nicer ones in the bunch I think. I added Trijicon Night sights and took it to Performance to have it done.

I went with Black and Sig Tactical Grey for a two tone color combo. Barrel, guide rod and frame were all done in Grey. Slide and controls were all done in Black.

I'm honestly extremely impressed with the way this turned out and their prices were a lot cheaper than others I found online before I factored in shipping. It took one week to turn it around so they do things prompt.

If anyone is interested in having this done, tell them Ryan with the Kahr told you to come in and they'll do you up right.

Here is what it looked like before I took it in.

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=16957

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=16956

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=16955

And here is the after product.

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17090

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17089

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17088

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17087

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17086

picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=17085

Did you not like the looks of the Stainless? looks good and I am not being a dick, just trying to figure out why you would not just buy a blued one instead of spending the extra for stainless and having this done.

Did you not like the looks of the Stainless? looks good and I am not being a dick, just trying to figure out why you would not just buy a blued one instead of spending the extra for stainless and having this done.

The one I got was a police trade in that was lightly used and at a price that I just couldn't say no to.

I prefer not to have the stainless steel look and the Black K9 w/ Triji night sights has an MSRP of over 1k. I'm well under that through this process.

Looks super nice. You're going to have to keep us updated on how it looks after 1000 rounds or so.

I definitely will. This is going to be my EDC so I'll be able to comment on how it holds up against everyday holster use and range days.

The one I got was a police trade in that was lightly used and at a price that I just couldn't say no to.

I prefer not to have the stainless steel look and the Black K9 w/ Triji night sights has an MSRP of over 1k. I'm well under that through this process.

Now it makes since...good looking piece!

Now it makes since...good looking piece!

Thanks. I like it more and more. It's a good route to go on a refinish if it's a gun you really want to keep around or you get a good deal on something you think is ugly.