January in Ohio, 65 degrees, 20% chance of rain!!!

Bubba

There ain't no salt left on the roads...the rain washed it all off. And as far as potholes, that's why I heading south. For some reason, the state of KY looks on their road system as an asset, as opposed to Ohio that looks on theirs as a liability. :confused: And it shows!

I very well could be in, supposing it's dry and still not raining in the morning. (And the salt is really gone.) I get off school at 9 on Tuesdays, so I could be down in Cinci anytime past 10!

Might be able to break in the riding suit for the first time!

Good on ya, Zach. Not sure what the plan is yet, but will post up in the morning when the "whether" idjits decide if it's gonna rain all day...or not. I can see worrying about some salt if yer riding a vintage Norton/BSA/Enfield--or any bike that's appreciating in value--but the stuff I own isn't going up in value, whether it sits in my garage or gets ridden. If I was worried about keeping my 'spensive shit purty, I'd be riding my beater bikes in the winter so I could leave my $20K Ford pickup in the garage. ;)

The salt and crap on the road as well as fresh potholes and run off from melting snow. Naw I'll pass

I got out for a few hours today, it wasn't that bad. Plan on riding tomorrow aswell(well no choice really, my cars about 20min away lol)

Good on ya, Zach. Not sure what the plan is yet, but will post up in the morning when the "whether" idjits decide if it's gonna rain all day...or not. I can see worrying about some salt if yer riding a vintage Norton/BSA/Enfield--or any bike that's appreciating in value--but the stuff I own isn't going up in value, whether it sits in my garage or gets ridden. If I was worried about keeping my 'spensive shit purty, I'd be riding my beater bikes in the winter so I could leave my $20K Ford pickup in the garage. ;)

They're just wimps! You know I'm always in for a ride. :p

Rode to work today. Feels great outside and the road was just wet no salt to be seen down here :cool:

Agreed! Just got to school on the bike. Feels GREAT out already.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Meet up between 10:30 - 11:00 AM at the AA Shell/Speedway/?? in Alexandria with kickstands up at 11 sharp. Heading south on usual roads toward Cynthiana and/or Williamstown . Lunch along the way before 1-ish. Prolly somewhere around 150-175 mile route.

Warm moist air and cold ground temps mean damp/wet roads all day unless the sun peeks out, so be careful out there today!

So far it's looking promising. I'll be around the Eastgate/Milford area if anyone wants to go for a ride. I just have school at 6 pm.

Wanna meet us in KY? You're not that far away. 275S to KY and get off at Rt9/AA Hwy. Head south 1.2 mi to the Speedway on the right.

Well, I was right. God DID want me to ride today. Good weather, great roads, tolerable companions....:D

Dice, Zach (Bitani) and I met up at the AA Speedway and rode toward Mt Olivet on 915/10, then jogged onto 62/1504 and railed toward Cynthiana --what a great road that is. We ate lunch at Bianchi's and headed west on 356, ending up in Williamstown. Gassed up and rode more west on 36 and then hit up some of Dice's FAVORITE goat paths like Ford's Mill and 1942. Ran out'a time, so we jumped on 71/75N at Walton/Verona and blew north, scattering the cagers as we went.

Thanks for the good time, guys. I ended up with just under 210 miles on the day, but Zach must be the big winner with at least another 75-85 more miles. It looks like it's gonna be 'hunker down time' for a few days. Stay warm!

Edited by Bubba

When?
Maybe next time I guess lol.

Sorry our paths didn't cross today, dude. You missed a great ride on awesome roads. Maybe we can hook up again later in the spring. Hope you got out and enjoyed the weather anyway. :D

There ain't no salt left on the roads...the rain washed it all off. And as far as potholes, that's why I heading south. For some reason, the state of KY looks on their road system as an asset, as opposed to Ohio that looks on theirs as a liability. :confused: And it shows!

Odot was pretty generous with it's pavement last year in s.e.o.,maybe we could do a little swap next year...you show me some of your favorites in KY and I'll show you some of my favorites in S.E.O...it could be a fun win-win for both of us.

BTW...your right it was a great day for a ride...I got in about 125 miles.

Edited by drc32-0

maybe we could do a little swap next year...you show me some of your favorites in KY and I'll show you some of my favorites in S.E.O...it could be a fun win-win for both of us.

Yer on, dude! I don't get out to SE OH much 'cause it's easier and shorter for me to head south. I've got a 2+ hour drive just to get to the good stuff out there, but I know there's a bunch of roads that are beggin' to be ridden. I'll have my people get with your people. ;)