Official anything Mt. Bike thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I need to get some actual pics of my old Diamondback X6 to post up but I definitely need to get it in the dirt again since roadwork with this thing is a pita - extra wide tires and dual susp just soak up the pedalpower on the asphalt.

We have some decent short trails around town, but I would like to haul it somewhere far better once I work my way back up.....I'm so out of shape that one big climb would be the end of me :D

Need to get some rides in with MyKill this season too. Turns out my in law is a big biker too, has some sick specialized he just got.

Thinking I'll be bringing the bike to the track too anymore and see about some trails at some of the events.

You back working at Polaris again? You can always haul your bike up and on nights I'm off Id gladly hit the Alum with you. We also need to ride with Blue too.

Oh and I should have a spare bike up and running soon for anyone who would like to test the waters.

I ride Alum weekdays around 1pm when it's open, it's on my way to work so I try to get a lap or two in as much as possible....if anyone's in the area around then hit me up always fun to have a riding partner.

I try to ride Denison & Star Hill in Heath on the weekends, since it's close to me in Granville, but I'm up for Mohican or Dillon too usually.

You back working at Polaris again? You can always haul your bike up and on nights I'm off Id gladly hit the Alum with you. We also need to ride with Blue too.

Oh and I should have a spare bike up and running soon for anyone who would like to test the waters.

Who's going to be able to ride your freakishly tall 35" framed bike!?!?

:wtf:

:D

I ride Alum weekdays around 1pm when it's open, it's on my way to work so I try to get a lap or two in as much as possible....if anyone's in the area around then hit me up always fun to have a riding partner.

I try to ride Denison & Star Hill in Heath on the weekends, since it's close to me in Granville, but I'm up for Mohican or Dillon too usually.

I will likely take you up on the Alum offer. I've never ridden with anyone but I'll be slow until I get back in pedaling shape.

Who's going to be able to ride your freakishly tall 35" framed bike!?!?

:wtf:

:D

:lol: it's a XL 26er. It would be fine for anyone ~6ft and up.

If you want to feel not slow, john and I can go. :D

Let's get a "has no business on the trail" party going....first one to pass out or puke wins.

My endurance is for shit right now...barely got 8 miles in on the dirt roads yesterday...first time I've been on the bike for a month.

dude you tell me when im in.. ive always wanted to try these

Check trail conditions on COMBO facebook page before going to p1, p2, or Chestnut Ridge. Chestnut will actually close the trail under bad conditions. p1/p2 will not close but please do not ride when it's soggy. This creates ruts...so when a lil rain comes, the ruts wont dry out, thus creating more ruts. Vicious cycle continues...

the conditions that COMBO posts are generally overblown. i can get on there, it be 90 degrees and boiling hot and those faggots will say to stay off the trail cause its muddy.

its a fucking MOUNTAIN BIKE COURSE

sometimes they're late to the game to post updates. it is a mtn bike course and in order to keep it as a nice mtn bike course....please stay off when it's muddy.

I try to pay attention to the updates, but all of the COMBO trails are built to hold water and this accounts for 90% of the problem (the other being popularity because of their location). Mohican almost never closes, but most of it is built to drain and P1, P2 and Chestnut Ridge hold water like a motherfucker. P1 especially...that's just a badly cut course.

More important than staying off a wet trail is riding it sensibly. When it's wet here and there go through the wet areas instead of creating new trail around every mudpuddle. THAT ruins train worse than ruts. Ruts can be repaired easily, but a trail that's been widened or re-routed can't.

I'm 5'7", but i have long legs if that matters... it usually does for street bikes.

You can usually get away with a slightly smaller bike for MTB since you don't spend a ton of time in the seat. When I rode a lot, I rode about a size smaller than I normally would just because it was lighter and easier to throw around. But I'd ride relatively short distances (10-15 miles at a time), so I spend more time out of the seat than I would on a road bike.