Official anything Mt. Bike thread.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

Mohican this weekend...not sure which day but leaning towards sunday. Wheels in motion at sun up...2 loops is the goal.

My new tire is in and I would love to join you. Mohican was a lot of fun last time.

But that supposes that I get my taxes done and get the bike ready by then.

Ofcourse there is also the problem that I will not keep up with you nor is 2 laps even remotely possible :(

Craig

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by CBBaron

Craig and MyKill, I say you guys hop on the train in Akron with your bikes, head up to Cleveland and then I can ride down to Akron with you guys. Then I'll get my sorry self on the train in Akron and take it back to Cleveland.

That's this correct? http://www.cvsr.com/ My neighbor was telling me about this. Would be a cool day trip to riding different areas.

I'm thinking about picking up one of those Airborne Guardians for a backup/GF bike. I'm 5'10" and I ride a Fuel EX8 in 18.5" vitual. It seems like it might be a bit too big sometimes. I probably could have gotten a 17.5" but the price was right. My GF is around 5'8", but I would rather it be closer to my size. Any opinions?

http://www.airbornebicycles.com/products/110-airborne-guardian-29er.aspx

IMO WAYYYY too much $$ to spend on just a GF bike. Take a $50 and find something on craigslist. But if its mostly for you then I'd say don't forget the pedals and change out the tires :)

Craig and MyKill, I say you guys hop on the train in Akron with your bikes, head up to Cleveland and then I can ride down to Akron with you guys. Then I'll get my sorry self on the train in Akron and take it back to Cleveland.

I have no idea what your talking about but sounds like fun.

Mohican this weekend...not sure which day but leaning towards sunday. Wheels in motion at sun up...2 loops is the goal.

Your insane. Let me know if you ever ride either of the Alums. Id like to try and keep up and learn some things.

That's this correct? http://www.cvsr.com/ My neighbor was telling me about this. Would be a cool day trip to riding different areas.

IMO WAYYYY too much $$ to spend on just a GF bike. Take a $50 and find something on craigslist. But if its mostly for you then I'd say don't forget the pedals and change out the tires :)

Your insane. Let me know if you ever ride either of the Alums. Id like to try and keep up and learn some things.

Yep moto that's what I'm talking about. 25 miles of towpath trail from Rockside to Akron.

I'll do alum...maybe not til after June 1. I dont want to fall off one of the narrow bridges and break something.

hit up Star Hill Trails today in Newark. Awesome trails some really fun down hill but the uphills were killer!!! Got some Jimmie Johns afterwards for lunch. Never had it before but it was good!

Planning on hitting up Alum Creek next Sunday. It is the place with 2 parts I hear you guys talking about correct?

hit up Star Hill Trails today in Newark. Awesome trails some really fun down hill but the uphills were killer!!! Got some Jimmie Johns afterwards for lunch. Never had it before but it was good!

Planning on hitting up Alum Creek next Sunday. It is the place with 2 parts I hear you guys talking about correct?

Alum has two trails...P1 and P2. P1 is typically wet. Smaller hills, more ruts. P2 drys faster, has a few climbs, and has narrow bridges to cross.

P1 and P2 are the "intermediate" and "advanced tracks", right? which is which?

i would say P1 is more intermediate. Less obstacles and less hills. P2 has a few hills and many bridges. They're both about 6 miles long.

P1 is considered the Int trail and P2 is the advanced. I think P2 is only advanced because it has more obstacles and some off camber trial. I dont think its "advanced" but I dont have a lot of experience to compare against. I like P1 better as I find it to be more fun.

P1 was muddy today.

Parks I may tag along with you depending on when you go.

Edited by Mykill

I'm thinking about picking up one of those Airborne Guardians for a backup/GF bike. I'm 5'10" and I ride a Fuel EX8 in 18.5" vitual. It seems like it might be a bit too big sometimes. I probably could have gotten a 17.5" but the price was right. My GF is around 5'8", but I would rather it be closer to my size. Any opinions?

http://www.airbornebicycles.com/products/110-airborne-guardian-29er.aspx

If you want your GF to actually get into the sport, get a bike closer to her size than yours. It's way easier to ride down than up, and putting her on a bike that's too tall will not contribute to a positive experience.